New wiring defect found in Dreamliner: ANA

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by sobore, Aug 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.menafn.com/1093688531/New-wiring-defect-found-Dreamliner-ANA

Japan's All Nippon Airways said Wednesday it had found defective wiring in a fire-extinguishing system on three of its Boeing Dreamliners, prompting rival Japan Airlines (JAL) to abort a Helsinki-bound flight.

The two Japanese carriers are the trouble-plagued Dreamliner's biggest customers.

ANA said it had discovered the faulty wiring on a plane at Tokyo's Haneda airport before a scheduled flight to Frankfurt. The wiring was later fixed and it departed for Germany.

Two other aircraft were found to be affected by the faulty wiring, an ANA spokesman added. The airline has 20 Dreamliners in service.

Following the discovery, JAL said it recalled a Tokyo-Helsinki flight Wednesday and plans to inspect all 10 of its Dreamliners.

The defective wiring could cause a fire-extinguishing system for the engine to malfunction, ANA said.

Read More: http://www.menafn.com/1093688531/New-wiring-defect-found-Dreamliner-ANA

jbcarioca and uggboy like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    At this point, it is news when there is not a problem found on a 787.

3. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    787 maybe Boeing's doom

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    An easy to fix wiring issue that was discovered and addressed before there were any significant issues. Normal growing pains for a new plane I think.

kyunbit, LETTERBOY and jbcarioca like this.
  5. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:

Agreed. It is just that 787 has so many of them.. at least I am not confident that some new problem will not creep up in a month. So, I am trying to avoid 787 as long as I can.