new ways how to earn same miles from ua and delta

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by johntexasusa, Mar 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. johntexasusa

johntexasusa Member

Status Points:
    The new way of earning same mile to mile on delta and united is to buy a ticket from airline partner and transfer them to your united or delta miles acoount,that way your earn more miles,if you have new ideas how let me know,thanks

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are there any airlines that are partners of both UA and DL?

BTW, crediting the same flight to more than one FF program would violate FF program rules. The offending accounts could be closed, miles taken, status lost, etc.

3. johntexasusa

johntexasusa Member

Status Points:
    Whit the new miles program from delta and UA ,they will no longer add mile to mile to your account,they will use the price you pay for ticket,example UA ,if your ticket is 100 dollars ,multiply 5 that 500 miles to your account,,,if you spend same amount in any of star alinse airlines and pay same price ticket you will add the miles from one city to other city,,,,I know is iligal to have same miles count double from partner airline,,,,

4. johntexasusa

johntexasusa Member

Status Points:
    The mile program from ua and delta is total disaster for the loyal cutomers like me,they will loss customers,is other options,,,,,continental airlines have the best miles program and now together whit UA is total disaster

5. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's not a "total disaster". It works for some and not for others. Plus it is been discussed to death on here and FT

6. johntexasusa

johntexasusa Member

Status Points:
    For fanatic frequent miles people like my self,that depends on free tickets for international destinations,the new miles programs from UA and delta are not good news,,,,,do you know how many free ticket I got from miles program?a trip from Texas to AREGENTINA,PERU,BOLIVIA,BRASIL,SOuth Africa,5 free ticket to London,,,wow:)

7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    And you think that's a lot?:) You need to read these boards and learn from posters who have been doing this for I dare say a much longer time than you and know every trick in book and know which new found scheme will work or not.

BTW you pretty much negated any points you might have made by saying the CO program was the best:D

Mikus33 likes this.
  8. johntexasusa

johntexasusa Member

Status Points:
    I think many people are not reading this post correctly people on da and UA milles programs will be making less milles ,one of my new ideas is to use other partner airlines and transfer the miles to your da or ua account ,,,,the question,do you people in this web side have newer ideas how to deal whit this problem????I think competition is good ,RYNAIR airline is coming to america,WOW

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some will and some won't. Casting such a wide net means you're likely to miss a bit.

It doesn't work that way. You cannot transfer points from Lufthansa to United or from Korean to Delta. Not to mention that the earning rates in those programs on cheap fares often are not very good.

Actually not according to today's statements.

HawaiianCorgi and flyforawg like this.
  10. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    Again....the new earnings work for some and not for others. its really not hard to grasp that concept

11. Photonerd71

Status Points:

Am I supposed to be impressed by this? Big deal, miles are so easy to earn these days with cc sign up bonuses, flying, hotel stays, car rentals, credit card use etc etc, banking large amounts of miles for travel really isn't all that hard. :rolleyes:

12. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    As others have posted, you can't transfer miles from one frequent flyer account to the account of another airline, at best what you can do is fly one and have the miles credited to a partner airline (e.g., fly Delta, but have the miles credited to KLM/Air France's Flying Blue program). If you plan carefully, you can sometimes get more miles on a partner airline's program than on the program of the plane you few, but be careful not to split your earnings among so many programs that it's hard to accumulate enough for an award in any one program.

When I flew often, I had two accounts in each alliance (e.g., UA and LH in Star, BA and AA in OneWorld, and Delta and Flying Blue in Skyteam) and credited flights where they did the most good. But it wasn't just to maximize miles per flight. You'll notice the pairs were one US domestic and one international (non-US). I found that, particularly when flying outside the US, the international airline's frequent flyer program often got me more benefits than the US program did overseas, and sometimes the international program also got me more benefits in the US than the US program did.

MX and Mikus33 like this.
  13. johntexasusa

johntexasusa Member

Status Points:
    more bad news,,,many of the star alinces partner airlines do not have AWARD MILLES EARNINGS AT 100% on tikets that are very low price,only tikets that are high in price,,the only airline from usa to asia that do cheap low price and award milles earnings at 100% 1)ASIANA 2)ANA 3)SINGAPORr alines,,each time need to travel to asia need to buy a ticket from this 3 airlines to get mile to mile save the ticket send it to UNITED AIRLENES to add in my miles account,,,

Thomask likes this.
  14. Clemmiez

Clemmiez Active Member

Status Points:
    Just to be clear...You buy on those airlines own website rather than book flights on them via the UA website? And then add your Mileage Plus number when you book or after the flight file a mileage request with UA? Not sure what you meant by "send it to UA". Doesn't it work the same way if you put your UA ff number in one of those airlines reservations before take off?

15. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm having trouble figuring out if some of these posts are real or if this is meant to be a joke. I would highly recommend using spell check.

CescoAiel and HawaiianCorgi like this.