New Waldorf in Shanghai

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by ihuang03, Mar 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Stayed 7 nights there in Feb, 2011, and was very impressed with the hotel. Absolutely would stay again. There are 2 different towers to the hotel: the old one is all suites, and the new taller tower includes the pool area, spa, gym, and restaurants, guest room and suites too. To get to the floor you stay in, you have to scan your room key. The new tower just opened in Jan 2011.

I was in the new tower and upgraded to a river view room. The view of the bund is magnificent, kingsize bed, flat screen TV, blueray player, all marbled bathroom, even flatscreen with in the mirrow, fresh fruits and sweet treats everyday. Terrific internet service in the room and throughout the hotel (via wireless) that I came across.

The service at the hotel couldn't have been better. All the staff very friendly and helpful. The hotel is next to the bund, and most major shopping attractions are within walking distance.

This was my 1st time staying at the shanghai Waldorf, before always stay at the Shanghai Hilton which is 20 min drive from the Bund. I would definitely stay at Waldorf next time visit to Shanghai.​

Tenmoc, savydog and gemac like this.
  2. I'm glad you had such a nice stay! Will have to check it out next time I'm in Shanghai. If you dined at the hotel, how was it?

Tenmoc and savydog like this.
  3. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be appreciated if you would post a review of this hotel (your post above would do nicely) in the Hilton forum, as that is where others will look for information on this hotel. Thanks.

Tenmoc likes this.
  4. savydog
    Original Member

savydog Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tenmoc likes this.