New Waldorf Astoria Properties Slated to open in 2012 and 2013

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Max M, Mar 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't seen a mention of these yet on MP...

The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel (June, 2012)
    Waldorf Astoria Panama (2012)
    Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem (2013)
    Waldorf Astoria Crete Sitia Bay (2013)
    Waldorf Astoria Beijing (2013)
    Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam (2013)

http://www.waldorfastoriaglobalmediacenter.com/index.cfm/page/3004

iolaire, wheat27 and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We're very glad that Hilton expands the Waldorf-Astoria brand around the world! Thanks for sharing!:)

Max M and wheat27 like this.
  3. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most welcome. :)

My fiance found out about these openings originally while briefly watching the hotel channel at the WA Grand Wailea about these properties about a week ago while in beautiful Maui... the video also mentioned a WA Montreal opening up as well...

uggboy and wheat27 like this.
  4. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    An impressive list considering the (relatively) small number of current Waldorf properties.

Max M and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Later this year, the Waldorf-Astoria Berlin celebrates also its opening // Sep. 1st!:)

TRAVELSIG and Max M like this.
  6. benthelefty

benthelefty Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know that this is quite an old post, but I'm looking at the WA Panamá to spend my honeymoon with my soon to be wife. I have enough points for some nights but when I called Hilton (the site didn't show any) they couldn't find any award availability either. Any ideas?

I also e-mailed the hotel (in Spanish) to see if I can get a response there. Thoughts? Do WAs open up award space usually?

Thanks,
    Ben

7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering that Hilton (as opposed to the hotel website) hasnt even posted a date as to the opening of the property (usually they post these about 6 plus months in advance unless the hotel is a "change over" ) I would say you wont be able to find any awards until an opening date is fixed ( and they pushed it back a few times) In any event the hotel itsself is is unlikley to be much help at this stage you are better off keeping in contact with HHonors.

8. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    How does W=A expansion compare with Conrad growth? W=A does not provide breakfast to elites so I try to avoid them unless the property is super-historic and well-managed.

anabolism likes this.
  9. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Personally, I'd rather see Hilton expand any of its other brands, since the benefits to a Diamond of staying at a Waldorf Astoria are quite limited.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the W=A Shanghai on the Bund a couple of years ago and the service and Diamond recognition were outstanding. I did not get a suite but was upgraded to a higher value room with a "personal" concierge assigned to oversee to my every need. But, that is the extent of my experience with W=A. If the Diamond benefits at W=A are generally as limited as you suggest then there might be a benefit to the new W=A Beijing, because it is literally across the street from Hilton Wangfujing, which is one of my very favorite of Hilton properties in the world. The proximity of the W=A might increase the availability of premium rooms/suites for upgrades at the Hilton, while also potentially decreasing the per night room rates, which were rather steep. Those who have been in the Wangfujing area (Beijing's Times Square), will realize that in addition to joining the Hilton, the W=A will be next to the Novotel and the Peninsula, increasing the concentration of topnotch hotels in the area. Below is a picture I took last June from a window at Hilton Wangfujing, showing the W=A under construction across the street and its relation to the other hotels. The Novotel is behind the red-roofed building in the center of the photo. This has got to be one of the very best areas for staying while visiting Beijing (Forbidden City and Tienanmen Square are at walking distance, and you can shop until you pass out...).

WANGFUJING-HOTELS.png

WA-PEK.jpg

anabolism likes this.