New W.A.T.T. Award SUCCESS

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by theblakefish, Aug 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. theblakefish
    Original Member

theblakefish Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my continuing effort to inject success stories into this forum, I wanted to share an awesome one with you :) :

I am going to Moloka'i (MKK) to complete a project for two weeks in December, and I needed a flight that takes me all the way there on UA miles. I have booked several things, but I wanted to leave on 12/16, but no matter what I could only find mixed cabins for the trip, all on different days, so I set like 4 WATT notifications and waited....

...and waited...honestly not believing that anything would pop up until after Labor Day...so then, coincidentally less than a week after UA added the 3-cabin 777 to the IAH-HNL route, a notification popped up today for a F seat on 12/17...I decided that this was a good sign...

Then, about 6 hours later, I got another notification that there was a seat on 12/16, so I was just able to book CLL-IAH-HNL-MKK for 55k and the IAH-HNL in true 3-cabin F!!

Now, I would honestly rather bank the miles between Y and F and just sit in the back, but this gives me firm ticketing on that day that I wanted...perhaps Y availability will come up the week prior, but I am FINALLY set with my dates and can now make my other plans accordingly.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! :D

Thanks, W=A!!!!! [​IMG]

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  2. theblakefish
    Original Member

theblakefish Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow...what can I say about your tools, dude....except to say THANK YOU!

I had another routing where I needed IAH-SJU...but needed the redeye that leaves at 1159p and arrives at SJU around 0600a. It seems to be never available, but I got an alert just now showing that there was Y availability...Saverpass on UA!

With the UA system craziness today it wasn't showing on UA.com, but quick call to UA not only got my one saverpass Y seat on that flight, but also the connecting flight from CLL!

If you need someone to vouch for the tools in advertisements when you hit the big time, let me know. :D

Wandering Aramean and IDGflygirl like this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes thanks the email alerts are getting very helpful. The Lathuansa flights I wanted showed up, but then I figgured out that they don't quite work..

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  4. Au4882

Au4882 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a RT award for Europe booked on UA for next month. DCA-IAH//IAH-MIA-FRA-DUB//TXL-FRA-IAD.

I originally was in Y for the DCA-IAH and IAH-MIA legs. Two weeks ago, the WA tool alerted me to F space on the DCA-IAH leg. This morning? IAH-MIA has room in F. Now, I'm up front for the entire trip. Thanks!

5. theblakefish
    Original Member

theblakefish Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yet another success story!!

My above-mentioned jaunt to Molokai, Hawaii was booked and I managed to get that F seat on the n/s IAH-HNL...being the humble man that I am :eek: I was hoping that a Y seat would open up for award redemption and I could get there with a much lower mileage ticket...well lo and behold, I got an alert this morning for a Y+ ticket CLL-IAH-LAS-HNL-MKK for 25,000 UA miles and $5. It saves me 30,000 miles (as compared to the F ticket that I bought earlier) and even broke up the routing a bit with a 1:40 layover in LAX...I only get into MKK 1:20 later than I would have with the F ticket, so a small price to pay to save miles. :D

Slowly but surely I got what I wanted, and after all these months I finally got the date and class of service that I wanted. :D:D:D I will stay with it in the hopes that the IAH-HNL nonstop becomes available, but just getting a low-mileage ticket is the nuts. AWESOME WATT SUCCESS!!

Thanks AGAIN for the fantastic tools, W=A!!!!!