New Video - What Happens During a Weather Delay

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by garyst16, Mar 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent information about what really goes on behind the scenes at AA's command center. It's nice to know why they do what they do...takes some of the frustration (only some) out of that next missed connection...

2. cwpfly

cwpfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    We saw the op center during the OWMD - and the first guy, Pete, was on duty in the center. The guys showing us around pointed him out and seemed very impressed with his knowledge. I was very impressed with the center.

I also think that AA should play this on their non-delayed flights to give the customer a better knowledge base. I would wager that most passengers don't know how much thought goes into the process.

snowpuff, garyst16 and TheBeerHunter like this.
  3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent suggestion! I think showing this would go a long way in educating the general flying public...you know...those of us that are usually fed untruths as we sit patiently waiting for the next update from either the Pilot or GA!

4. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

Status Points:
    i've also seen the command center (my partner's dad is a former pilot) and i was extremely impressed with the facility and what all goes on "behind the scenes". i think more videos like this would serve AA well in the future. its easy to get frustrated when something happens to 'you' but its a tad less painful when you look at the bigger picture

5. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    New video is out (new to me anyway) -- How Does De-Icing Work?

Dreamworks and perryplatypus like this.