New Video: AA 737-800 Sky Interior Walk Thru

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by VVanderlust, Jul 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. VVanderlust

VVanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    Posted today on AA's Youtube Channel:

2. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pretty nice. Can fit more bags in overhead now. Wish AA would of picked this configuration earlier when they started using the new planes on the ohare routes and hub. Now there will be 3 different configurations with the 737s..

3. aamilesslave
    Original Member

aamilesslave Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not possible. The Boeing Sky option on the 738 is brand new, and existing aircraft cannot be reconfigured with Boeing Sky.

These Boeing Sky 738s (although may just be one plane at this point) are in the same seating configuration as the other 738Ds. The old 738W configuration will eventually all be updated to the 738D configuration.

4. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish that they would have shown us a fully-loaded bin.

5. LookingAhead

LookingAhead Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would have liked to see her get in the seat and recline... Cathay Pacific has the slider seats as well - not sure if the design is the same. They work OK there, but your head and shoulders never really go back, they are still at the original angle to the floor.

6. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was on one of the new planes this morning on AA144. It felt much more spacious inside - almost like a 763 business cabin feels. Seat comfort good in the F cabin (didn't venture into Y). Window changes not obvious, but the controls were obvious and intuitive. F seats are like the last version of the 737s. And it was CLEAN.

The video screens are wider/larger. Wifi available. Bins held plenty, wheels-in. Some of the older 737s are tight with wheels-in in the F cabin, didn't notice any issues with new bins.

Oddities: the video announcements were english and French!?! Crew announced to only use lavs in ticketed cabin for "security", even instructing F passengers to stay in F cabin. We pushed on-time and arrived early.

very nice. I like the plane & new interior.