New United.com Questions

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SFOtoORD, Mar 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a few random questions and thought it might be helpful to have them all in one thread.
    • Do Instant upgrades still work on the new site? If so, how does this work?
    • Can you get the new united.com to show you sold out flights in a fare search?
    • When doing a search in the timetable, can you get the timetable to show you connecting options when there are also non-stop options?

2. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know when the new united.com web site will show the expiration date of the miles. It seems to be the old United 18 month policy, not the never expire Continental policy, but there is not date on the account page. If you "mouse over" the mileage balance words it says 18 months, but that seems like a generic message.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. Same as it did before. When you book the flight you should see the insta-up icon if eligible and during the booking or after you can choose to upgrade the segment, assuming the PN or JN inventory is there.
    If the flight isn't available for booking then it won't show in a fare search. It should show in a timetable search here: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/travel/timetable/default.aspx.
    It is doing so when I look right now via that same link above.

The first line of that mouseover has an explicit expiry date. I suspect that will update appropriately as miles credit.

desamo likes this.
  4. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Weird. I have a flight today, booked in Y, shows PN1, but I only see the opportunity to upgrade with miles or RPUs. I do see the instant upgrade icon. Same for my flight on Wed. Pretty annoying.