New UA CEO, Oscar Munoz, Reaches Out to Customers, Sees Opportunity to Improve

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by NYCUA1K, Sep 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    This just landed in my inbox:

MUNOZ.png

2. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    I personally think that Mr. Munoz is doing a fine job. He is talking and walking the part right out of the gate. Give him a little time and I am sure we will see changes that we like..

Dublin_rfk and NYCUA1K like this.
  3. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm a little miffed. My status matched +1 received this one and another email this week. Me on the other hand not so much as a peep. I guess he knows where the power is.:)

4. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    Trouble is that, as a board member, Mr Munoz partnered with Mr $$$$$$misek* in orchestrating up to 100? product degradations with nary an improvement (ok more miles for high spenders, assuming you trust they don't have a secret plan to diminish or end their ff program as they already did to millions of people in March.). Making air travel abominable has made Wall Street ecstatic: How does the cartel now credibly convince people that their focus is no longer on: how crappy can we make air travel and fill the seats? Only government intervention can stop the ongoing race to be America's Worst, Most Profitable carrier-blind greed knows no bounds. Why would any airline buck their hedge fund/private equity masters to provide good service in this no competition environment-why that would just be "leaving money on the table."

the new CEO references ual's 'principles' which are quite simple "how much did we make this quarter" and "whatever we need to do to look like we are competing , we would be fools as a cartel to choose to ever again compete with each other"

Won't even touch employee morale and incredulity about the latest " turnaround" this time by one of the people who has been steering for years.
    In the meantime, please stop the "friendly"'ads which rub salt in the wounds and don't picture the plastic upright seats in ads.Oh yeah the 67 name upgrade list while you are practically using street vendors to hawk them must lose customers on a daily basis.

If ual restores its ff program for ordinary people, a happy elite will be the first to congratulate Mr.. Muniz on a tangible improvement, not just a letter saying they will do better with no specifics.

* 1 $ for each million Mr Smisek left with for running a dysfunctional airline per the new CEO.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  5. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mr. $$$$$$misek and his Friendly company ushered in the elimination of military discounts and bereavement fares, for those who may have forgotten the greedy, money grubbing, bean counting ethos that is the beating heart of the company
    You don't have to offer any discounts when your cartel agrees to restrain the number of seats on each route through the magic of seat discipline, an aviation term for "price fixing."

Mr. Munoz vows to fix the company but we are still waiting for specifics and his new letter lacks a contact email or number, further undermining the sincerity of the whole campaign.

Shall we gather and publish a master list of how United has gotten nastier and nastier and send it over.....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015