New UA booking website

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Mar 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking to book some flights in W class so I can use 2 GPU (SWU) but cannot see where to enter the information so that when I look at flights I can see if upgrades may be available, is still not done on the first page when you put in the orgin/destination/dates etc? If I click on advance search it gives me information on GPU but does not tell me where to insert the info on the booking page. Help

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are two things you need to figure out:

1) Award Inventory - You're looking for the R or RN inventory. Click on the "Fare Class" link on the revenue search results screen and if you see the R or RN there then it will clear at booking. If it is R0/RN0 then you'd have to waitlist. If you have a supported browser and can load GreaseMonkey scripts then this will help.

2) Fares - You need the W or higher. On the advanced search page there is a box at the bottom to put in specific fare classes. You can put just W or you can put several separated by commas just in case W fares aren't available on the particular flights you're looking for. If you want to list all the SWUable fares go with "Y,B,M, E, U, H, Q, V, W" in that box.

sfo1, TAHKUCT, ohianjo and 2 others like this.
  3. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    is there an expert mode on CO.com OK United.com like we had on the real United.com?

4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info, and as I understand it, RN is for elites and then you have to purchase ticket and then go back to apply the GPU, by bringing up the reservation and clicking on apply upgrades where you have a choice of miles etc or GPU.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    TAHKUCT and sfo1 like this.
  6. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    can not book or see on the new web site any flight's from Vienna to Athens or Munich -Frankfurt t/4 assume any inter Europe is not loaded? have tried for the past 18 hours , others have same problem ?
    sure hope the new system does not require phone reservations for partners , does not matter if award or pay travel