New tool for comparing IHG revenue/award rates

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Wandering Aramean, Oct 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don’t really love the IHG site at all and it makes finding the best rates and other things excessively complicated in my opinion. That’s even more of an issue when trying to compare cash rates versus award rates. Multiple searches and multiple tabs, trying to cross-reference the data back and forth. I don’t like that one bit. So I fixed it.

Put your city/dates in and you'll get back the BAR and also points required. If not available it'll say so.
    IHGSearch3.PNG

Click on the orange buttons to exclude certain brands from the results.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

More details: http://blog.wandr.me/2013/10/compare-ihg-award-and-cash-rates-easily/
    Link to the tool: http://wandr.me/Hotel-Tools/IHG-Rate-Comparison.aspx

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I think this is actually very useful.

And as per the question in the blog post, it might be useful to have price alerts based on a particular threshold for members that save "favorite" hotels. Or you could start saving (some) historical data and flag any hotels that flash down by a particular percentage -- say a hotel that was historically $200 a night for the last 30 nights all of the sudden goes down 25% or something.

And of course it might be useful to highlight specific "exotic" properties when they drop in price or points redemptions (like Pointbreaks) -- particularly Intercontinental hotels or places in Hawaii / Paris / Fiji.

3. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great tool. I really like it!

Wandering Aramean likes this.