New Survey: Business Travelers Say Loyalty Programs Are Most Rewarding Part of Business Travel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Sep 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.virtual-strategy.com/201...ograms-are-most-rewarding-part-business-trave

Although the life of a road warrior comes with many challenges, a new survey of 1,001 business travelers indicated that most like being able to travel for their careers. Almost half of those surveyed said that the most enjoyable aspect of business travel is the ability to earn rewards miles or points through airline, hotel and car rental loyalty programs. The survey results did not surprise Tim Gibson, a spokesman for Alpha Flight Guru, a travel agency that specializes in helping travelers redeem points and miles for business and luxury travel.
    Market research firm TNS conducted the survey on behalf of Marriott’s Fairfield Inn & Suites. After the ability to earn loyalty rewards program points, 36 percent of respondents said not having to go into the office was the most enjoyable aspect of business travel. The survey found that 92 percent of business travelers are satisfied with how much they travel. And at 86 percent, most business travelers said they like preparing for trips, while 88 percent said they feel positive while traveling for business.

Read more at http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2012/09/13/new-survey-business-travelers-say-loyalty-programs-are-most-rewarding-part-business-trave#7pvwCfbK8rI3VZiT.99

2. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely concur; traveling is the best part of my job. I love having the opportunity to see new places and plan on personal trips based off my work. Earning those points for hotels and airlines just excites me (wow, that sounds rather odd, doesn't it).