New SPG Marriott tiers coming.

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by brodyf, Apr 9, 2018.

1. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    Saw this in FB today.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyforawg, alfagirl and Counsellor like this.
  2. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder whether we "Lifetime Platinums" will now be able to earn Lifetime Platinum Premier or Lifetime Ambassador and if so how much it's going to take (and what the bennies will be). Combining both programs into one (and adjusting lifetime points) will be a bit of a mess, too, I suspect.

flyforawg likes this.
  3. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    As it is right now, you can earn Lifetime Platinum but not Lifetime Ambassador with SPG. Not expecting that to change.

4. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone received any communication from SPG or Marriott directly? If not the title of this post should read "rumor" or "unconfirmed" as it will start a panic..as it has on other social media sites.

5. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can currently earn Lifetime Platinum on Marriott and on Starwood (and on both, for that matter). According to the report, they're adding two new (higher) elite levels, one of which is Platinum Premier. I'm just wondering if they'll allow Lifetime Status on the new levels, and if so how many night/points it will take to achieve that Lifetime status.

When they merge lifetime earnings in both programs (which will be an interesting exercise - more complex I would think than the United-Continental merger), you're going to have some folks who were elites in both programs who have serious gobs of points and nights.

KENNECTED likes this.
  6. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    The announcement is out, and some of the information (what's available) can be found here: https://members.marriott.com/benefits/

We current Marriott and Starwood Lifetime Platinums will be converted to Lifetime Platinum Premier status which, so far as I can tell, cannot be earned (earned lifetime status seems limited to Silver, Gold, and Platinum). There is no indication one can earn the equivalent of Lifetime Ambassador status.