New Southwest Point Based Personal & Business Credit Cards - 20,000 & 30,000 points

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by MyMiles&Points, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
  2. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awesome! I wonder if I should wait to apply for these... did a HUGE round of apps a few months ago.

MyMiles&Points likes this.
  3. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    That's a tough one. Sometimes they don't mind an application from me within a 1 or 2 month period and instantly approve. Sometimes it's almost 6 months and they say that how "6 month rule" application junk. Good luck with whatever you decide.

4. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess I also wonder if it's even worth it to have the RR card(s), since the fares are usually cheap enough anyway. A bunch of MP'ers seem to dislike the new program. I haven't taken a detailed look at it yet.

5. ingy
    Original Member

ingy Silver Member

Status Points:
    If $1 worth of rewards costs 60 points then the sign up bonus of 20,000 points on the regular card is worth $333.33. Not a great deal for 2-5 points off my credit score, but then again, I am not a SW flyer. The Hyatt card I just used got me two nights at the Kauai Grand Hyatt a $1100 value. A domestic ticket is worth more than $333 in most cases and that is a typical sign up bonus for any airline these days. The Premier card offering 30K sign up is a more appealing offer. In fact, they are both low considering all the 35K, 50K and higher offers we see now. I'll save my inquiries, but then again, I am not a SW flyer

Casey Friday, chemist562 and 2soonold like this.
  6. tassojunior
    Original Member

tassojunior Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should be a WN card holder. Here's why:

No other program is as good for short hops, WN's speciality. Do you really want to use 25K miles at least from a legacy program for a cheap domestic? With RR 2.0 you can get redemptions as low as you want. And wanna-get-away's are probably easier to get than old voucher rewards.

I save my legacy miles I earn flying for international J or F rewards. But I do some of my other spending on the WN cc.

And the WN cc offers will get better.

7. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:

I am hoping. I'd like to get a Southwest card but now will all of this only getting a bonus once, I don't want to blow it on such a small bonus.

8. tassojunior
    Original Member

tassojunior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately I think all the old offer links are dead. If you can find one working jump on it.

But since WN's trying to expand they've always got big offers coming around. The 16/$500 one was targeted to Denver but got loose. And WN always has equal offers for the biz card, which is unheard of for Chase.