New Southwest Credit Cards with 20K & 30K point offers

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by MyMiles&Points, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
  2. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know this is great and all... but I dont like it, for 1 simple reason-

Southwest's model has been, for all time, SIMPLICITY. Now their RR program, CC program, etc are getting too complicated, too much like the legacy airlines.

I really think they will look back at these changes in a few years and regret them.

MyMiles&Points likes this.
  3. cxn

cxn Active Member

Status Points:
    I am not a fan of the new Southwest program. Too bad, they have been going downhill for years.

4. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Eating dinner with a "normal" flyer last night. He too complained about how it was so easy for him - he bought a ticket, flew 8 roundtrips and could go somewhere free. He was trying to have me explain how the whole point thing worked and his eyes glazed over [​IMG]

5. I personally like this as I can redeem short trips for so few points. SOmething that cant be done with any other airline. I can usually get flights to vegas for $29-$49 each way and this would give me good redemption value. As for the new cc offers, those really suck in comparison to the old 2 free flight offers we got all of last year.