New Southwest Commercial

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by paladinua, Nov 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just saw a new commercial (or at least new to me) from Southwest. They essentially check off a variety of SWA discriminators... But they show overhead storage that looks more like I've seen on the 747-8i, where the storage looks to pivot downward, vs. the lift up access panel.

Has anyone seen an SWA bird with these? Is this the new storage bin that is supposed to provide for greater storage?

Video link below:

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I fly SWA at least every other week, and have never seen these bins, only the overhead ones with a lift up access panel, as you mention. The bins seen at about 13 seconds of this video remind me of the overhead bins that you see on long-haul overseas flights with UA, AA, LH, etc.

3. JR7

JR7 New Member

Status Points:
    That's the Boeing Sky interior. You'll see it on SWA 737-800 planes.

paladinua likes this.
  4. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool - Thanks. Hadn't seen it on the planes I've been on, but figured it was something new they were rolling out. Do you know if the bags go in sideways (wheels first but on the side to allow twice the amount of bags)?

5. flynow

flynow Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will check that out on my next Southwest flight !