New Sky Club at LGA

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by JSpira, Jun 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    My colleague Paul Riegler wrote about his recent visit to the new Sky Club in Executive Road Warrior magazine and I have to concur with his findings as I was there several times in the past two weeks as well.

While it was not how I would decorate my home, I found it to be a pleasant environment to relax before a flight and to grab a glass of water or snack after a flight.

I liked the enhanced privacy of the new seating in particular. The fact that there are outlets everywhere is also terrific.

Paul used my photos (a few below) in the article (which is on line here).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very nice!

DeltaExpert likes this.
  3. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    Reminds me a bit of IND

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too few go for the modern domestic air lounge motif at home! ;)

DeltaExpert likes this.
  5. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can take that to the bank....
    -RM

NYBanker and DeltaExpert like this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't find the brushed chrome and cobalt blue at all relaxing; I think it would be annoying to spend too much time there. Maybe this is by design, just like the restaurant that design the atmosphere to turn table fast.

7. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been in the LGA Sky Club six times in the past month. The last time I was there was Thursday when there were myriad cancellations and the terminal itself was a sea of humanity and far from calm. Relatively speaking, the club was an oasis of calm and relaxing even packed to the gills with DYKWIAs (I saw a bunch of them not wanting to wait at the reception desk before entering the club and they had an annoyed look on their faces and just pushed their way in, ignoring the behests of the staff working the desk.. but I digress).

When it was not full, the decor itself didn't impact me terribly much one way or the other. The chairs were comfortable and provided a high degree of privacy. In general, I think it's pleasant enough yet it lacks a certain amount of warmth found elsewhere.