New singaporeair.com to be launched soon

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by SQ LPP, May 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got this letter from Singapore Airlines:

[​IMG]

New singaporeair.com to be launched soon

We will soon refresh singaporeair.com to offer streamlined flows for commercial and redemption bookings, including a single payment for all the contents of a shopping cart and a graphical interface to construct complex itineraries.

Log in and discover your personal Dashboard, where at a glance, you can see your personal account information and recent activities, as well as the latest news and promotions.

2. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you know they're pulling of Full awards offline? :D

There is also a rumor that they are extending Saver awards across the board.. Just not sure of availability.. :rolleyes:

MSPeconomist, Mrs Chimpy and SQ LPP like this.
  3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds great! I'm very interested about this "graphical interface to construct complex itineraries"

Mrs Chimpy and SQ LPP like this.
  4. Jubilee777

Jubilee777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Its up!

Mrs Chimpy, cennas and SQ LPP like this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess it's still having bugs. But I do like the new blue interface and the subtle batik patterns.

lwkatya, SQ LPP and Mrs Chimpy like this.
  6. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bugs are an understatement. Looked at this last night from a technical standpoint, and there's so much to finish not withstanding a load of user experience and design failures.

However, they're really screwed up the launch of the new site on the search engine front. Very few of the URL's for old content have been remapped to their new locations. Add to the fact they're not used technologies to get them to the right place, and failed to use the various tools provided by the major search engines to fix this (let alone reindex the site post launch) - I'm going to say I'm less than impressed by the entire site.

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

SQ LPP and cennas like this.
  8. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    What a disaster - server errors, links looping or not working, not much joy. Tried seat allocation, flight booking management and a few other tools (for upcoming flights later this week, painful is my kind expression!

lwkatya, SQ LPP and cennas like this.
  9. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Feels very difficult to use and it keeps saying my BD number is invalid, not happy. :(

lwkatya and SQ LPP like this.
  10. Jubilee777

Jubilee777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lots of problems with the site :(

Initially i cant retrieve my bookings. When I managed to find it, it decide that i was suddenly Spanish by informing me: "Checked baggage Dos piezas, 23 kg por pieza" (or at least I think its Spanish). All other information before this part was in English! :eek:

I have not been able to book any flights till now. 

cennas and SQ LPP like this.
  11. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least I've been able to book a flight. Finally succeeded in the third try after the first two times it kept saying my session had expired when it came to the payment page. Still wouldn't accept my BD number though :(

12. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Something new feature in the website is VISA INFORMATION! Yes, I was able to check whether I need visa to go to certain destination, or to transit through certain countries! Bravo... No need to go to delta.com anymore to check this visa info. :)

cennas likes this.
  13. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got this message from SQ: :)

[​IMG]

On behalf of Singapore Airlines, I would like to offer our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused as a result of issues that arose from the launch of our new website on 22 May 2011.

As with all new initiatives that we undertake, the intention behind the website revamp was to improve on our customers’ experience with us. I am truly sorry that the new website, with its technical problems, has instead caused much aggravation for many of our customers. We make no excuses for our failure to deliver an acceptable level of online service.

We have committed full resources to resolving the website problems and have made significant progress in rectifying many of the defects. We will continue to relentlessly pursue all other outstanding issues. An in-depth investigation as to how the issues that arose went undetected is well underway, and we are treating this with utmost importance.

At Singapore Airlines, we strive to put our customers at the centre of everything we do. I am well aware that there is a wide range of travel options to choose from, and thus, am grateful that many of you have continued to support us. We do not take this for granted.

Thank you for your continued patience during this period. I know that you have high expectations of us, and we failed to meet those expectations. On behalf of the Company, I offer our unreserved apology, and pledge to win back your confidence.

Yours sincerely,
    [​IMG]
    Goh Choon Phong
    Chief Executive Officer
    Singapore Airlines

lwkatya and cennas like this.
  14. Coathanger
    Original Member

Coathanger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got the above email myself.

Had a poor experience with the new website when trying to change the date for a redemption booking recently where I got an error message and can no longer view my reservation online. Eventually took a call to sort out the date change and get the seat allocation and BTC done.

Let's hope SQ can fix the site soon.

15. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got the email also, read it this morning when I woke up.

I wonder why in the world they didn't put up their old site back. It took them far too long to fix this issue.