New Service: CLT-SLC and LGA-PHX

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DeacFlyer1, Nov 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    SC Flier likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like LGA-PHX is flight 917, which supposedly is an A319 doing the BNA-CLT run now. I'm wondering if they're re-using the flight number or the equipment (eek).

I believe they're currently using A320s on the JFK-PHX route. I was hoping to have some newer or better configured equipment for that leg when I go to HNL in January.

3. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am sooooo excited about this SLC flight. Wish it was to PHL and better flight times, but beggars can't be choosers. Might book one of the first flights back in March.

4. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excited about both flights. Love additional service to LGA while we can get it. Reduces many double connections. Love SLC for ski destinations.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  5. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've heard rumors that DL has scheduled a nonstop CLT-SLC flight in response, but I haven't been able to independently verify...does anyone know anything about this?

6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, just saw it loaded into Delta's schedule, they are officially responding with SLC-CLT service! As a US flier in general, I'm hoping US is able to make this route stick and make money off of it, but as a CLT-based flier, I'm hoping for a fare war!

Sean Colahan and viguera like this.
  7. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Maybe we'll see some sort of promo in 2012 to celebrate new routes.. perhaps another hop, skip, jump?

Sean Colahan and viguera like this.
  8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh now that would be sweet... :)

Sean Colahan likes this.
  9. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Saturday only rule gets around the perimeter requirements at LGA for the PHX flight. I'm guessing they had extra metal? Otherwise can't imagine a once a week flight will be that successful.

desert_gecko likes this.
  10. phlwookie
    Original Member

phlwookie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd say it's almost certain to be to increase aircraft utilization on one of the slower days of the week. And I think it'll do fine.

11. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Also remember that they're bound by minimum amounts of flying in their contracts. they can probably fill a flight from NYC to their hub in PHX once a week, and can use that to eliminate other flying. One thing i've noticed with the CR9 first class is that many flights to RNO have been downgraded from mainline to express.

12. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know I am booking the return SLC-CLT-BOS on the weekend they start service. Too bad my outbound will have to route through PHX and I can't give the new route a round trip breaking in.

13. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like return fares on their opening weekend of CLT-SLC-CLT service are nice. I found $162 return SLC-CLT-BOS on 3/5...outbound is $$$ hight 300's/low 400's for BOS-PHX-SLC evening of 3/1 :-(

14. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    More new service, including a season SLC-PHL route now including all US hubs to SLC, announced.

Just in time for spring, we’re adding new (and more) flights in Washington, DC (DCA), Charlotte and Philadelphia. That means you have even more choices if you live in DC, Charlotte or Philadelphia and it’s easier for our friends in other cities to connect to international destinations like Mexico, the Caribbean, Europe…and anywhere!

Washington, DC (DCA)

• New, daily nonstop flights between Washington, DC (DCA) and Islip, Omaha, Birmingham, Fayetteville, Memphis, Little Rock, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Fort Walton Beach, Cincinnati, Des Moines and Ottawa, Canada.
    • Extra daily nonstop flights between Washington, DC and Hartford/Springfield
    • Daily flights between Washington, DC and Bangor and Savannah (used to be weekends only!)

Charlotte

• New flights from Omaha and Des Moines to Charlotte

Philadelphia

• Extra daily flights between Philadelphia and Albany, Bangor, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Nashville and Houston
    • Daily seasonal service between Philadelphia and Salt Lake City (beginning May 24, 2012)

Gulfstream 550 likes this.
  15. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Forgot to post earlier in March, but I took the late mid-con red eye from SLC-CLT. Flight went well. Looked like US took over an unused gate at SLC because all the signage was on 8.5x11 copy paper, printed from a computer. It was a LATE departure, I think one of the last to depart from SLC. Good thing was the upgrade cleared:)