"New SAS" to be presented Wednesday 14/9

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Someone, Sep 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Captainfire
    Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sound very interesting, what are we thinking will be the changes?

3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I predict one or more of the following:
    1: much stronger ties, perhaps including a three-way share swap, with Aegean and USAir
    2: announcing a new 5-class cabin configuration for long haul flights (including a Ryanair-like standing-only y zone)
    3: new j cabin furnishings from ikea
    4: new hub in aal
    5: increase in miles needed for award bookings

4. Christian Hansen Kamhaug
    Original Member

Christian Hansen Kamhaug Official Representative

Status Points:
    Barring any last minute technical problems, you should be able to see RG live via webcast. The link will be published on www.facebook.com/SAS

OY-JFS, SASDC8 and SQ LPP like this.
  5. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    1. Hopefully a new business plan in which the in flight product on all SK flight will be the same, and as a result free breakfast on all flights.
    2. Closer ties with SQ and United.
    3. New interiors in all NB aircraft.
    4. New interiors in all WB aircraft.
    5. More focus on the business traveller, again...

Interesting indeed and will watch if the web feed works.

OY-JFS likes this.
  6. BizflyerNorway

BizflyerNorway Silver Member

Status Points:
    I doubt there will be any major changes. And i presume that the changes they will make will not be positive ones for us customers?!?

Flyer1976 likes this.
  7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the hub in AAL, why not BLL and they can market Lego-Land there....

NYBanker likes this.
  8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ahh Billund yes. I had a business trip scheduled there that got cancelled at the eleventh hour. would have like to have gone.

As fun as BLL is, I figure AAL as (I think) the first airport alphabetically by IATA code will be a better strategic fit for SK. Particularly with an A3/US share swap!

(Edited for typo.)
    (I also now recognize there are earlier IATA codes alphabetically.)

9. Bastholm
    Original Member

Bastholm Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm very happy about the major support of upgrading my home airport AAL to a hub....

I have decided that none of you are in any way ironic... ;-) And the idea of direct A3 and US flights from AAL gives me sweet dreams....

NYBanker likes this.
  10. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bad news...I understand these plans may be in jeopardy. My basis of AAL being the first airport by IATA code was incorrect. There are airports under the codes AAA (Anaa) and AAB (Arrabury), among others.

AAL, appears, however, to be the first IATA-coded airport alphabetically by name. This may still lend some credibility to the plans...but I think we'll have to wait and see the official announcement now.

11. Malu
    Original Member

Malu Silver Member

Status Points:
    A press release was sent out some minutes ago. The strategy is called 4Excellence and the only news I could spot so far is the plan to introduce Economy Extra on domestic routes. I hope there will be more in the afternoon...

Text in swedish from di.se;

"
    SAS lanserar sin nya strategi 4Excellence där ett av målen är att sänka enhetskostnaden med 3-5 procent per år fram till 2015.

Detta ska ske genom fortsatta kostnadsåtgärder men också kraftigt stärkt fokus på produktivitetsförbättringar, där införande av kvalitets- och effektivitetsprogrammet Lean i hela verksamheten är en viktig del, heter det i ett pressmeddelande.
    Den nya strategin sätter fokus på fyra kärnområden: Commercial Excellence, Sales Excellence, Operational Excellence och People Excellence.
    SAS har också som mål att fortsätta vara förstahandsvalet för affärsresande samtidigt som erbjudandet för fritidsresande kommer att förstärkas. Exempelvis lanseras Economy Extra på inrikeslinjer nästa år.
    Som tidigare aviserat kommer SAS att hålla en presskonferens om den nya strategin, med vd Rickard Gustafson, klockan 13.30 på onsdagen.
    SAS kommer i samband med resultatet för tredje kvartalet den 8 november att genomföra en fördjupad presentation av strategin och de finansiella aspektererna på denna.
    I samband med att SAS på onsdagen lanserar sin nya strategi gör bolaget ändringar i koncernledningen.
    Robin Kamark, kommersiell chef, kommer att lämna SAS. Dessutom avslutar vice koncernchef John Dueholm sitt operativa ansvar för SAS men lämnar inte bolaget, utan fortsätter fram till våren 2012 som ordförande för Widerøe och Blue 1. Han kommer även att fungera som rådgivare till vd, skriver SAS i ett pressmeddelande.
    Koncernledningen kommer, utöver vd Rickard Gustafson, framöver att bestå av finanschef Göran Jansson, personal- och kommunikationschef Henriette Fenger Ellekrog, operationella chefen Flemming Jensen, infrastrukturchef Benny Zakrisson, samt chefsjurist Mats Lönnkvist.
    Dessutom kommer en ny kommersiell chef och en ny chef för försäljning och marknadsföring att ingå i ledningsgruppen, skriver bolaget i ett pressmeddelande."

SASDC8 and OY-JFS like this.
  12. Malu
    Original Member

Malu Silver Member

Status Points:
    Official release in english:

SAS aims to set a higher standard for the airline industry

With a new strategic platform that focuses on 4 central areas, SAS wants to continue to build on its positive trend and ultimately set a higher standard within aviation.

With its previous strategy, Core SAS, the airline has reduced unit costs by 23% since 2008, whilst at the same time achieving the highest customer satisfaction in 11 years and position itself as Europe's most punctual airline for the past two and a half years. This has provided SAS with a platform that the new strategy will build on and strengthen. The airline today launched its new focus, the strategy 4Excellence, which has the goal to by 2015 achieve excellence within four cornerstones: Commercial Excellence; Sales Excellence; Operational Excellence; and People Excellence.

SAS is to maintain its position as the first-hand choice for business travelers, but will expand its offerings to strengthen its market share within the leisure travel segment.

"SAS is to be the preferred choice for Nordic travelers, whatever the purpose of their journey. Although we already have a record-high customer satisfaction level, we will offer an even better and more harmonized service, including Economy Extra on domestic routes in Scandinavia," says Rickard Gustafson, CEO, SAS.

SAS will also create a more efficient sales model, as well as ensure that its frequent flyer program, EuroBonus, is the most attractive loyalty program in the market. The position as Europe's most punctual airline is to be maintained and SAS is to deliver a quality and service that provide customers with the most value both in terms of time and money.

An important prerequisite to achieve sustainable profitability is SAS's new goal to lower unit costs by 3-5% annually until 2015. This will be achieved by continued cost reductions, but also by strengthened focus on productivity improvements, including rolling out the quality and efficiency program Lean across all parts of the organization.

"I'm setting high, but realistic goals for SAS as I know we have extremely passionate, focused and competent staff in all parts of the company. We want to set our employees' potentials free by great leadership and improve focus on those who are in direct contact with our customers. Introducing Performance Management will provide a leadership tool for systematic goal setting, follow ups and coaching. All employees are to understand how they contribute to SAS's overall goal," says Rickard Gustafson.

With the 4Excellence strategy, SAS shows continued leadership within the Nordic aviation industry.

OY-JFS likes this.