New SAS business cabin?

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Malu, Aug 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Malu
    Original Member

Malu Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rumours are that SAS soon will announce either new widebodys or an upgrade of the current ones, if delivery times are too long.

So - what do we excpect from a new longhaul C-cabin and the C-experience in all? Real lie-flat? The LX-seats or are there better alternatives? Keep the snack-bar and espresso machine? Add your thoughts and I am sure SK will listen to every wish... (We have been asked to compile some thoughts for the Meetup @ ARN and this is one part of that.)

sobore, BGO-commuter and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    lie flats please!!!

sobore and haakonks like this.
  3. haakonks

haakonks Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1 on lie-flats! :)

4. BGO-commuter
    Original Member

BGO-commuter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've actually never tried SAS IC in C, but I would anyway propose lie flat seats + better IFE in all classes... And a few routes to India to try out their C-product!

5. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    lie flats would be great for SAS, as well as a refresh for their Economy Extra seating

6. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    If they went to lie-flats, I could see myself flying in the C on a route that had them. That's the primary reason I have yet to fly them on a TATL C segment. As far as new seats go, I'll say either the LX C seats or the US Envoy Suites/CX New C.

Silferlood likes this.
  7. joemume
    Original Member

joemume Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lie flats beds are a given, as well as a complete replacement of the IFE. I really enjoy the "snack bar" in the galley, so that can definitely stay on for another generation.
    The food concept is very good today, the only objection I have is when they serve some of the dishes/food with plastic film still on them...
    But that is a "soft service" and could easily be corrected today (although I suspect there is a reason for doing so and not serving the dish fully "ready to eat"). :)

8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    This thread reminds me how long Ive been retired from frequent flying... last time I sat inside SAS metal was in 1997..... PEK to CPH in a 767 if I recall correctly.... :eek: :oops:

Malu likes this.
  9. ILS2

ILS2 Active Member

Status Points:
    If they don't upgrade to lie-flat beds (like Swiss) in C, they might as well keep the money in the bank. If they do change the seats, it would be stupid not to upgrade the IFE at the same time.

Don't touch the large toilets. Best part of flying SK C!! If anything, try to add a 3rd toilet in the front (the "forbidden" zone). The toilet capacity - at least for A340 - isn't good enough.

10. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually asked about this a couple of times and got the explanation that it was for hygienic reasons and some did prefer it that way.

Regarding the new IC setup they need to compare at least to same standards as LH/LX to compete as they will loose to other carriers that have better products. Especially on the longer IC flights where an extra connection is not as bad. Also there should be something extra other than the direct flights to get the extra amount of money for a C class ticket. Maybe also to look for the 3 new airlines from the Gulf countries that runs from CPH. They have all great service to offer.

But in a list form I would like:

Lie Flats
    More Personal "space" or privacy in C
    More E-Extra offerings as more companies still won't pay for C for the shorter IC flights (e.g. CPH-EWR)
    VOD on all seats/classes
    Keep the good food quality and drink option and still focus on develop this - and get me Coke Zero on IC flights :)
    Keep the interiør in a light scandinavian setup

Just my opinion.

Br,
    HerrO

Malu likes this.
  11. Malu
    Original Member

Malu Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome back... a lot has changed... ;)

12. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really can`t see SK going any other way than lie flat, and I dream of a product like new CX, but should probably hope for a product like EY or QR (777s) and that they don`t fall in the fishbone trap which CX are now getting out off. I did not like LX`s seats when I tried them, as I find them to narrow and not as flat as promised so perhaps not those seats.

I really hope they keep the colors "Scandinavian".

New IFE with 3D maps and more camera views would be excellent.

The buffet has to stay as it is one my favorite things with todays SK product, and a I hope they upgrade the wine selections as some of OZ`s pics are really bad.

I do hope they keep the large toilet, which are only beaten by what some carriers offer on there 380s.

I guess they can`t buy a new soft product, but it would be great if they could, as it really is hit and miss these days...

13. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Updated list:

Lie Flats
    More Personal "space" or privacy in C
    More E-Extra offerings as more companies still won't pay for C for the shorter IC flights (e.g. CPH-EWR)
    VOD on all seats/classes
    Keep the good food quality and drink option and still focus on develop this - and get me Coke Zero on IC flights :)
    Keep the interiør in a light scandinavian setup
    Every C class seat to have direct access to aisle
    VOD with Iphone/Ipod/USB connector
    VOD on C class to have minimum 17" monitor
    The United Channel 9 on all SK flights

Br,
    HerrO

14. Malu
    Original Member

Malu Silver Member

Status Points:
    New C of CX. This is really a good layout, I think. Almost SK colours too...
    [​IMG]

15. gene134

gene134 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with others here; I think the SAS IC C product is pretty good, except for the seat & IFE. So lie-flats & better IFE would be most welcome. Please keep the buffet bar, (functioning) espresso machine, food quality/concept & the large toilets.

On airlines like e.g. LH, C is relatively 'sober' to keep some distance/differences to F. On SAS however, C is the 'top' product and therefore could/should be above the likes of LH, especially when there is Economy Extra in between Business & Economy. Lie flat seats like in the new CX C layout as shown in the post above, in combination with the buffet bar, food concept etc would accomplish just that IMHO.

Malu likes this.