New round of FREEEEEEE wifi!

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by ariyo15, Mar 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ariyo15
    Original Member

ariyo15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had heard about this from a friend but was hesitant to "buy" it. No code, nothing. Simply open up your web browser, watch a short HP ad, type in your email address and VOILA!

Wifi on the house. Way to come through again US!

Couldn't have come at a better time - I'm sitting on an every-boring PHL-PHX transcon. And what's worse? Didn't get the bump. At least I have bulkhead ;)

2. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used it on US700 LAX-PHL on Friday. I didn't even have to watch the ad...it came up, but I immediately browsed to another website and everything worked great for the rest of the flight!

3. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a temporary promo which is scheduled to end on (I believe) March 20. Enjoy it while it lasts, but don't get used to it.

4. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone heard or seen anything from US that indicates they will expand the wifi beyond just the 321s? It seems like there are enough 319/320s being used for 2+ hours flights, that it would make sense to add them there also.

5. uva185
    Original Member

uva185 Member

Status Points:
    So weird. This past weekend I got free wifi on my iPhone but it prompted to pay / logon for my iPad.

6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would LOVE to see this. I hate my life every time I'm on a five hour DCA-PHX flight on a 319. I write US a letter about once a month telling them to install wifi on every mainline plane and that I will pay for it every time.

desert_gecko likes this.
  7. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The problem is if their spreadsheet shows that not enough people will pay for it, they're not going to invest in it.

8. desert_gecko
    Original Member

desert_gecko Silver Member

Status Points:
    Didn't GoGo pay for the initial investment in the 321's? I think I remember hearing something about that. I've also heard that there really aren't too many people using it.

FarPoint likes this.
  9. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know I would fly US a lot more if they installed GoGo on all aircraft...

Usually GoGo/LiveTV, etc. pay the upfront installation cost in exchange for a portion of the revenue.