New Room Category at Hilton Singapore

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by RCTP, Mar 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wanted to book a room at HS yesterday and noticed a new room category and the pricing are as follows:

Deluxe>Deluxe Plus>Superior(NEW)>Executive and so on.

So does it now means that to ensure a one category upgrade to executive room (for Golds), one will have to book a Superior room?

uggboy and WilliamQ like this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are finding ways to enhance their revenue indeed.
    But you have a great relationship with Hilton Singapore?
    Try asking for a triple jump? :)
    How was your stay at the Hilton? Did you get your breakfast?
    And your stay at Conrad at the complimentary 2x upgrade to Executive Premier?

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you mean that superior is better (and more expensive) than deluxe? Most hotels define their categories the opposite way.

4. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, a triple jump might be pushing it too much and some Diamonds on the forum might be unhappy. :p
    I did get the breakfast, but I'll be going to the lounge for breakfast if I get an Executive Room and the new breakfast venue is not good. Somehow all the food are gone very quickly and it took very long to refill them and used plates are left on the table.
    As for CCS, I think it was probably due to me writing in to them explaining it was a special occasion and would appreciate and gestures on their part. Excuses like these should be avoid and left only to real special occasions.

So I always book the rooms with the mentality that I'll only get a one category upgrade.

According the the pricing on Hilton Singapore's website, yeah. Superior is more expensive than deluxe. As compared to a normal deluxe room, I dont see the difference other than high floors (guaranteed to be on the 18th) and a Nespresso machine.

Deluxe Plus is cheaper than Superior and yet is even bigger with the same Nespresso machine. And I believe Deluxe Plus is on the highest level as it has a balcony.

5. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Update: as a data point

Booked myself into King Deluxe Plus for this coming weekend (supposedly 2 categories below Executive Room), Checked my reservation today and noticed that I've been upgraded to Executive Room, skipping the Superior Room.

The pricing of the rooms did confuse me. King Deluxe Plus is right at the top floor with a larger room and a balcony whereas Superior Room is on the 18th floor with a normal room size and yets cost more.

Perhaps potential guests who aren't really familiar with the properties might get "conned" into booking the Superior Room.

iolaire likes this.
  6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Again the double jump... They do love you there :)

7. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not really. I believe they've got the room categories wrong in the booking page.

But at the moment I'm enjoying Hilton Singapore's little present in the room. Macaroons from Checkers seem a lot better than 3 pieces of chocolates by Conrad Centennial Singapore

iolaire likes this.
  8. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checked out. The new bar & grill opened "Opus" opened where Checkers used to be. No more buffet dinner available as they are now an expensive steak house.

Cheapest of them came in at SGD58.
    Pros:
    The steak is really good
    The service is really good personal and informal (which I usually like)
    Nice ambience
    Eye candies. One of the staff there, Angel, looks like the Asian version of Kristen Bell

Cons:
    Price. When they said steak, they meant steak. No sides at all.

iolaire and Dublin_rfk like this.
  9. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes you just want BEEF!

violist and iolaire like this.
  10. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am glad for the a la carte prices being truly a la carte, as I can't
    see paying for potatoes that I won't eat.