New Restaurants to Land at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport

Discussion in 'MIA/FLL/PBI | South Florida Area Airports' started by sobore, Aug 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.aviationpros.com/news/11...o-dish-up-new-menu-choices-at-new-restaurants

Hungry travelers take heart: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is planning to dish up lots more menu choices.

Travelers flying Delta, Frontier, Southwest and United should see a restaurant makeover at the airport, starting later this year.

If the deal is approved, local favorites like Rocco's Tacos, Tarpon Bend Food & Tackle, Sergio's Cuban Cafe, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza, Nick's Tomatoe Pie, and Offerdahl's Cafe Grill will set up shop in the airport's first two terminals. Dunkin Donuts will be replaced by Starbucks.
    Travelers will have low-price options as well, with the addition of Burger King. And variety, with Shula's Steak House, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and California Pizza Kitchen.

Read More: http://www.aviationpros.com/news/11...o-dish-up-new-menu-choices-at-new-restaurants

2. downhillcrasher

downhillcrasher Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always good to have more options! However, if you have time at FLL I highly recommend skipping out of the terminal and heading to 'Runway 84', its airplane themed lounge is about as close as I think I'll ever get to the old-school 747 upper-deck lounges. An all around neat experience and pretty decent food.

druiddation and sobore like this.
  3. druiddation
    Original Member

druiddation Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like if you are unlucky enough to be stuck in Terminal 4 there won't be any changes. So the choices there will still be Nathan's Hot Dogs with an attached bar or a little kiosk with pre-made sandwiches and salads, and one bathroom. Hopefully they expand that 'before you board' delivery option to the other terminals.