New Premier Card, valid only through Jan 2012?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Morsel, Sep 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Morsel
    Original Member

Morsel Active Member

Status Points:
    My gf qualified for 2P for the first time this year (during the last week of July), and her new card just came. We were both surprised to see that the expiry date on it is January 2012, not 2013 (whereas my first 2P card was valid for a full extra year when I received it).

Is this just merger related (e.g., she'll get a new card in January), or am I missing something? Notably, whereas my tracker bar on the MP website specifically notes my progress toward (re-qualifying) for 1P in 2012, hers just says "Progress toward Premier Executive" without a year.

Thanks, everyone.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't worry. She has definitely earned status through Jan 2013. Presumably they are planning to redesign the card with the upcoming launch of the united Mileage Plus program, and maybe th status level names even change in/for 2012.

Morsel likes this.
  3. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to concur, because the program is changing on February 1st, all cards will be issued for the new benefit year at the end of this year or through January. They will have a completely new design and we are still awaiting news as to how the elite tiers will be identified. As for the tracking bar, it assumes she could still be a potential PremEx elite, while with yours, the target is just renewing your current status.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't recall having ever received a card that doesn't expire the following January/February (or at the end of the associated program year). I like getting the new cards; they usually include more drink chits. :D

5. Morsel
    Original Member

Morsel Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, everyone! Maybe my 1P card actually came in January and was just good through the next January.

6. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received super secret poop from my confidential source who knows a person, who's brother-in-laws, sisters, uncle, works part time on Wed afternoons at the MP desk in Rapid City. The word which is on the hush hush, is that an extremely large shipment of used TED paper napkins were discovered in an abandoned warehouse just outside of MEX airport and these super strong napkins will be retreaded and embossed with each persons NEW elite number.
    All cards will be primarily the same color (off white) and may be folded into small paper airplanes to allow folks in the rear of the red carpet boarding line to sail their info to the gate reader without cutting in line. These new aerodynamically designed aircraft are not to be launched forward towards the g/a until ALL wheel chair folks are safely out of sight and comfortably seated in their exit row seats.

The word is that if an airline can save millions by cutting out one salad olive, just think what eliminating all these worthless cards would save, especially when no-one has been required to show anyone at either airline this addition to one's wallet, ever!

Disclaimer---My 1K card also has my RCC, (big shot) lifetime membership info on it.
    This "Lifetime" RCC membership card expires in Jan, 2012 when I guess that I am suppose to also expire?

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lounge access. :-:

8. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    They've gone through so many changes in the RCC numbers, even more than in the Mileage Plus numbers, that I for one was delighted when they aligned the two (began using the MP number as the RCC number) some years back. Something that made sense!

However, in the last year I've never been asked for the RCC card, just the boarding pass, when I enter an RCC. I suspect they have some program now that reads the MP number from the boarding pass, checks to see if the number is in the RCC data base as a member, and lets the lounge dragon know you're good to go.

(BTW, my current lifetime RCC card -- red, unlike the gold of yesteryear -- doesn't have an expiration date. Yours may be an error; but had it read Dec 21, 2012 I'd start wondering . . . .)