New point bargains for july..and august and earning campaigns!

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Silferlood, Jun 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Silferlood
    Original Member

Silferlood Silver Member

Status Points:
    torbster likes this.
  2. Captainfire
    Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Status Points:
    torbster likes this.
  3. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going for status on Radisson/Carlson, but would rather earn EB-points instead of Goldpoints, does anyone know if I'd still get qualifying "stays" towards status with clubcarlson?

4. Captainfire
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So the question is, is the rate goldpoints earning? IMO technically it's a yes, since i assume the rate is just a normal rate, you just choose to have EB points instead of goldpoints.
    But don't take my word for it :D

If you have status in another program, you could tier match it. Carlson will match pretty much anything..

5. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately I don't, Hilton, Marriott and the likes are not exactly over-represented in Norway ;) I have status with scandic and thon but I don't think they count for much when it comes to status-matching :D

I'll direct the question to their CS as well, but more likely than not they will just answer me with a copy of the list of nights/stays required. :rolleyes:
    I have much more need for the EB-points than GPs, and IMO the double EB-points are worth more (given I still get points-bonus for booking online and get qualifying stays toward status)

6. joemume
    Original Member

joemume Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been Radisson/Goldpoints Gold for 3 years. As far as I know you are not allowed to "douple dip" as you would in Hiltton HHonors for example.

So either you go for EB points, or try your luck with Goldpoints plus. Not both, I'm afraid.

torbster likes this.
  7. Captainfire
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I think club carlson have a norwegian speaking line in their european callcenter, they atleast have a swedish speaking one, so i'm sure they'd atleast consider it if you explain your situation, maybe they're more aware of the nordic programs. :) Infact, see if they'll match Eurobonus, when i did a match some time ago before i earned it the hard way, they asked if i wanted to match with AMEX o Eurobonus...Had to put me on hold to see what their papers said about Hilton :rolleyes:

During this campaign EB points are def more valuable, if not paying 300€/night

torbster likes this.
  8. TOS_EBG

TOS_EBG Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can exchange GP for EB points, 100.000 gives 18.000 EB points. I've done this a couple of times the last 1.5 years after getting a statusmatch with EBG, staying about 10 nights for each exchange and taking advantage of extra earning campaigns.

torbster likes this.