New Plus Program Launched by Enterprise

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by sobore, Mar 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.121carhire.com/news/new-plus-program-launched-by-enterprise-9167826050.html

It now seems that one of the better known car hire companies, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, is giving travelers yet another reason to use their service over the competition. This is all thanks to the launch of a new and improved Enterprise Plus loyalty program that will be launching this month.
    The new Enterprise Plus program is free to join for everyone who is over the age of 21. This does include existing loyalty program members. Enrollment in the scheme is simple and can be done online, by phone, or at a rental office.
    Once a person is enrolled in the program, it is easy to use. When travelers go to book a car either online or on the phone, all they need to do is provide their membership number to get points for that rental. Members will be able to earn points with every qualifying rental that they make. These points can then be turned in for a free rental. On top of that, the points do not expire if the member at least rents a car once every two years.

2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not that I expect to use Enterprise that much but nice that if I do, I'll actually get points.

3. rphilpotjr

rphilpotjr Member

Status Points:
    I've been collecting their points but have yet to redeem them. Has anyone had experience with this?

4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone know if that means you can no longer earn National rental credit via Enterprise?

5. ZCT

ZCT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just did. Once you click the rent with points option it shows all the different classes of vehicles and the cost of renting them in points. So you can pick.

Here's the interesting fact though. I rented some time ago, but I recently went back and repriced the rental and it had gone down in price by almost half. So I rebooked at the cheaper price and saved a ton of points.

If you are booking a few weeks in advance, it may be a good idea to check a couple of times to see if the price has gone up or down and act accordingly.