New MP number not working for partner airlines

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by The Boat, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just checked in with TP for LIS-MAD tomorrow and once again, it refuses to accept the new MP number. But, this isn't first time I have had the issue; for example, on LX the ground staff in both MAD and in LHR could not get the new number to work and ended up plugging in the old UA number.

Anyone else run into this type of problem?

On a side note, the US computer system determined that LCY was not a valid city and that LX was not SWISS, even though it was a through ticket.

2. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't doubt this is an issue. As a w;)rkaround, did you try using your old number?

[D'oh -- I see you did!]

3. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, but now the other issue is whether the miles are going to post correctly as I was in tap|executive for MAD-LIS and LIS-MAD (cheaper than tap|classic and plus).

4. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool handle, OP!

5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    For ex-CO folks this could be a bigger problem, UNLESS the partner airlines still allow us to enter a "Continental" number.

I know US Airways computer right out doesn't have the status correct at all (at least the last time I heard about this issue a week or so back).

I have a feeling this will take a while to get fixed. I CAN say however, the US Airways "status" issue, I actually raised with web support at old "CO" back in January and it looks it was never addressed.

Star Alliance Gold status is an important benefit of being elite, more importantly just accepting the number is hugely important too.

However, my opinion is UA fixes all of the "UA" issues first then goes to fix the partner issues. Though one would have to ask this -- Did the partner airlines get heads up on the number changes? If so, I'd be curious why they couldn't resolve these issues prior to the cutover.

The Boat likes this.
  6. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's the reason that I carry my old UA card as some some computer systems will only show status when the 00xxx number is added.

As to US, it seems that them and UA have been having a spat, which is why coach choice seats are no longer complimentary as well as same day flight changes...

BTW, I'm on minute 22 of hold so that I can book an itinerary that uses TP metal (PVD-EWR-LIS-FNC) and then upgrade using instruments. The first time that I was transferred to the call queue, the line started making the "busy signal" tone--we're talking about 11 days post cutover...how many bugs are there?