New MP Member

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by regionalGK, Jul 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. regionalGK

regionalGK Active Member

Status Points:
    I need to sign up my 3 year old son for MP...is there any benefit to me "referring him" or anything of the like?

Travelsavant and uggboy like this.
  2. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to the (usually) friendliest FF forum, Milepoint! While we all wish that there were such thing as a referral bonus, I'm quite confident that there is not. Surely it would be a regularly discussed topic here if I somehow missed it myself.

The bonus is that your son will earn miles when he flies, and that you'll end up being able to make him buy his own ticket sooner rather than later. ;)

3. radonc1951

radonc1951 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The problem is that by the time your son reaches an age where he can fly by himself, the buy-in for SE will be $25,000 plus his first born :eek::p
    (and by then it may be cheaper to pay for a ticket rather than fork over the taxes and fees he would have to pay to use those "valuable" ff miles)

Travelsavant likes this.
  4. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello & welcome to Milepoint! I'm a UA flyer & not aware of any recent referral &/or new account bonus, except those tied to new credit cards. I think the last MP bonus offer for new members was sometime in 2010 or maybe 2011, where you received 1000 miles for signing up & 5000 miles on first flight. That's my $.02!:)

5. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome regional. I wondered the same thing when I recently signed up my 3 year old. No such luck on a bonus though...