Discussion in 'Newbies' started by A_Lee, Mar 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. A_Lee

A_Lee Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone. I'm a long-time frequent flyer based in South Korea. My priority in selecting an airline is first Asiana, second any Star Alliance carrier, and third Korean Air. I used to fly a lot, ie. 600K BIS miles/year, but these days it's at a much lower pace of about 200K BIS miles/year. During the heyday of flying I flew mostly business class when my job/customers were paying for the tickets, but after establishing my own business, I end up paying out of pocket for much of my travel and so now choose to fly mostly economy.

I've been at the Lifetime Diamond Plus level with Asiana Club for a while, and am shooting for Platinum level within the next few years. I still have a long ways to go with KE before reaching 500K lifetime status, being I only fly them a few times a year. I was a long term gold member of THAI's Royal Orchid Plus, but last year let my status lapse due to what I consider is extremely poor management of the airline, causing me to no longer fly them much. But I do have a lot of experience with the airline from the past, and may perhaps use them again if their management turns things around.

I left another well-known forum last year due to a huge disagreement in knowingly allowing a devious individual to manipulate the forum. I realize there's not a lot of traffic as of now in this forum, especially with regard to OZ/KE, but I'm more than willing to help anyone with any questions, if I know the answer. In browsing around here it looks like a friendly bunch, so hopefully I'll feel at home here.

Mikus33, Newscience, Sammich and 5 others like this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi @A_Lee, welcome to MP!
    You may be new to MP but you are certainly a seasoned traveller.
    Looking forward to your contributions especially in terms of OZ and KE which as you rightly noted are not too established here for now.
    We are also indeed pretty friendly and tame bunch so join in the fun!

3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello @misbahalmukhtar . Welcome!

Newscience, satman40 and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Newscience and satman40 like this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    No one here will beat you up,
    Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will never hurt you.

My wife is Asian, so FaceTime every night with the upside down time...

Welcome to MP,

Newscience and A_Lee like this.
  7. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome! Most of us are from the other well-known forum because of some ridiculous stuff that's happened over there. I hope it's more friendly over here for you.

8. ContinentalFan

ContinentalFan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome. I think you'll like this place better.

A_Lee and satman40 like this.
  9. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    All forums are informative, everyone has a perspective, this one has a like button,

I read them all when I can...little tamer this side of the fence, agreeded.,

A_Lee likes this.