New Marriott Hotel in Hua Hin, Thailand

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Thomask, Jan 27, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    After an absence of a couple years it seems like Hua Hin will finally have a Marriott again. I was checking and found rates starting March 2016.
    Then we will have again all the big international Hotel operators in this town.

Kalboz, uggboy and tommy777 like this.
  2. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amazing location and away from the big town of Bangkok

Kalboz and Thomask like this.
  3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at an Oceanfront room once (~2010) at the old Marriott Resort Hua Hin and we have some lovely memories of the property. The website shows a totally different design for the new one which sort of looks like the ICH Resort Hua Hin:

[​IMG]
    Opening Offer, includes breakfast for 2 adults daily for $135 per night all in: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hhqmr-hua-hin-marriott-resort-and-spa/

2010 Marriott Hua Hin photos are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/albums/72157623373807859

[​IMG]

The new property is a Category 4 meaning you need as low as 60K marriott points for a 5-night stay which boils down to less than $100 per night ... great value!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Thomask likes this.
  4. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    It does look almost like the IC Hua Hin, doesn't it? It is closer to town-down Hua Hin and will bring some healthy competition to the Hua Hin Hotel market. in my opinion both the Hilton and the Hyatt Regency have some catching up to do.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    While staying at the awesome Intercontinental Resort in Hua Hin last April, I took a morning stroll down the beach to visit this new Marriott property.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No lounge but I'm sure elites will get comped breakfast. Did not care for the industrial design colors (browns and grays) but there are plenty pools for adults and kids. Location can't be beat close to downtown and yet right on the beach with modern shopping mall and restaurant a short walking distance.

More photos can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/albums/72157666950246922

Thomask likes this.
  6. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the update and nice pictures! Looks great, we have a reservation in Dec.

Now that we are all MR P our stay should even be better than with MR G.

Kalboz likes this.