New LX J from LAX

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by LAXtraveler, Jan 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried searching and couldn't find anything useful... are all the LAX-ZRH flights on the A343 fitted with the new LX J cabin?

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes all 330s and 343s are fitted with the new Business seats since last year. The F seat in the 343 is still not retrofitted yet.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  3. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!!

4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    My father tells me the J seats are not as comfortable as you might think. But he's old and grumpy. Still, probably better than a semi-reclining LH seat.

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Out of Star Alliance J options my opinion is that LX J (new longhaul) is one of the better choices. It is not F, however for a C class option it is very good and quite easy to sleep in.

6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to LX public plans so far there is not a project to retrofit F on the 343. Personally I prefer the older version of F and apparently many other people do as well- hence no immediate plans for an update.

Flyer1976 and Jimgotkp like this.
  7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've flown both new and old F, personally I think the old F seats are more comfortable for sleeping but the new F product is solid.

8. Chrisflyer

Chrisflyer Member

Status Points:
    I think they are hesitant to update the old F since it would require major changes to the galley (and given that many actually prefer the old F over new F there is really no argument left for them to urge any changes)

9. Chrisflyer

Chrisflyer Member

Status Points:
    It depends on your size, the taller you are the more cramped in you might feel, but if you are not particularly claustrophobic the seat is actually quite excellent. I always remove all the air from the cushion which makes the seat comfy and it feels less like an airline seat.

10. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    I still find it to be a bit hard, especially for sleeping. A second blanket to lie on is always great if available. The design however and the personal space is quite good.