New Lounge Service at YVR from July 1 2011

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by JALPak, Jun 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    JAL will invite its passengers to use the Plaza Premium Lounge at YVR from July 1 2011. Currently passengers are invited to the Sakura Lounge. I guess that means another closure of foreign Sakura Lounge? :(

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/lounge/america/yvr/

Picture 6.png

2. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    As sad as it is, they only have one departure a day on a 763 so renting the space does not make sense ! The Plaza premium lounge is actually the old Canadian Airlines Empress lounge......strange that JL doesn't send it's elites to the CX lounge !

3. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Probably cost related. Any logic we try and apply to this airline is not worth the time of day.

4. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just like how they don't send people to the CX lounges at HKG. Probably CX wants too much money.

5. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only because you are illogical most of the time :rolleyes:

6. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yep. That was another one I couldn`t understand.

7. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    But one could (if they were a high enough level OW elite), just ignore JAL instructions and head to the CX lounge anyway....................

8. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    yes but they are betting on people who don't know the rules...in fact even those CX lounge dragons don't know the rules :rolleyes: They directed JAL C passengers back to JAL lounge at HKG :eek:

9. ilgattonero
    Original Member

ilgattonero Silver Member

Status Points:
    The YVR JAL lounge is very small and doesnt even have its own bathroom, there is a sign up directing passengers to use the one by the departure gate. I left immediately for the CX lounge only to find it was not yet open that day.

Im guessing the Plaza is that lounge entrance I walked by which had a large list of airlines without discernible affiliation?

10. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    After security you walk straight ahead and the entrance is between some tourist shops on the left and opposite immigration hall below.

11. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's a Priority Pass Lounge.
    You can also pay 29 CAD to go in.
    If you really want to check it out, http://www.flightcentre.ca/pdf/Airport_lounge.pdf is a coupon for a 20% discount.
    Is the BA lounge open when JAL departs? It is small however the better of lounge choices in YVR. The AirCanada (Star Alliance) lounge is very poor also at YVR (it looks like they have used outdoor patio furniture to decorate it). I usually arrive at YVR T-1 hour and grab an espresso or a tea at the bar of Milestones then head directly to boarding. Shame that such a nice airport has such poor lounges.

QSG likes this.
  12. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will agree on the AC lounge....remember when AC only flew to KIX from YVR, we had that beautiful lounge(it was new) all to ourselves. They also had that nice arrivals lounge too........ah the memories. The pictures I saw of the galleries BA lounge look pretty nice.....I have not been in a BA lounge since JNB!

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  13. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also Remember how nice the Empress lounges were with CP. The space where the priority pass lounge now is was beautiful when it was the CP lounge- I used to enjoy relaxing there prior to LHR departures. The arrival lounge was great- it is strange to me that they took that away given the high number of longhaul arrivals at YVR. BA lounge is nice- I have only been in the Club part- I don't know if they even have an F part?

QSG likes this.
  14. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes the Empress lounge at the then "new" YVR international terminal was fabulous! Too bad AC only used it for a short while and then got rid of it !

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  15. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    CP had so many nice features. Flying the 744 YVR/HKG/BKK was such a great flight as an example. The "Empress" class was one of the best business class products in the world at the time and usually great fares.