New lounge option at LHR T2

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Oct 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AC lounge, while bright and new, I think will fill up fast, so I will be looking forward to the new Priority Pass lounge opening up! :) Looks like it is sooner in the T2 near the shopping... so it would be a walk to the gate but ... still nice to have an option IMHO... Update T2 PDF map here

---

Plaza Premium Lounge, London Heathrow (LHR), United Kingdom

[​IMG]
    We are pleased to announce Priority Pass members now have access to the deluxe Plaza Premium Lounge at Terminal 2, London Heathrow.

Open between 05:00 – 23:00 daily, this sleek and sophisticated lounge is located in Terminal 2, also known as The Queen’s Terminal. The Plaza Premium Lounge offers all of our Priority Pass members a generous food and beverage spread, luxury shower rooms with full amenities, as well as entertainment including TV, and a variety of international newspapers and magazines.

More here

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  2. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I passed this lounge recently but didn't go in, it was just past security when connecting from a SAA flight. I have used the UA lounge twice recently instead of the AC lounge and it is really a beautiful lounge. Unbelievable bar, comfortable seating, way better showers, and much better food options both in the AM and PM. It is the lounge of choice for me at LHR now, the MLL is terrible as far as I am concerned and just doesn't stack up.

londoncalling, YULtide and ACMM like this.
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - had not been in the UA lounge - will check it out next time -- it is near the AC lounge IIRC?

londoncalling and YULtide like this.
  4. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not much enjoyed any of the Plaza premium lounges around the world as I think they are, for want of a better word, soulless. I will be suing the new AC lounge at LHR next Monday and will comment on it. I don't think, from what I've heard, it will be as crowded as the old one because it is bigger and pretty much exclusive to AC.

The Winger and ACMM like this.
  5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having used the AC lounge a couple of times I found it very busy and seating goes away quickly. But maybe things have changed so will look forward to your comments.

6. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes it is about a 2 min walk away, basically the other side of the shopping area where the Boots is. I have had no problem using the lounge when flying either AC or SAA. It really is a stunning lounge, and they make some great cocktails which is a huge plus!

I might be in the minority here but I actually preferred the old AC lounge at T3.

londoncalling likes this.
  7. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    My feelings exactly!!!! I had read quite a few people say that the Plaza lounges in YYZ were amazing, and after visiting all of them last year I also found them to be completely underwhelming and much prefer the MLL's there. Better than nothing if you don't have status and have a Platinum Amex, but I haven't been in one where I went WOW.

Now on the other hand, the Amex Centurion lounge in LAS is truly amazing........ This is a lounge that has it all going on. Service like I have never seen before.

8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where is the Centurion lounge in LAS? I will be rouge-ing there soon so would like to try it if at all possible.

(Posted from my milepoint enabled iPhone)

9. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/LAS

Top shelf alcohol (I'm sensing a trend here), amazing food for a lounge, comfortable seating and lounge staff ensuring you have anything you need (well almost:)). One of my favorite lounges anywhere that I have used.

ACMM and londoncalling like this.
  10. londoncalling

Status Points:
    The T3 lounge had a certain good feel about it especially on the 2nd floor but I won't miss T3 as a terminal.

YULtide and The Winger like this.
  11. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perfect! T3 ... thanks for the detail ... will try it out for sure! :)

12. NoahVail

NoahVail Silver Member

Status Points:
    …used the T2 MLL just after it opened this summer, while I liked the lounge (showers, table service, nice staff, close to gates) I was recovering from a broken leg and found the distance considerable to ‘cane’ . Also, once there I discovered virtually no shopping in that part of the terminal and with no moving sidewalk in the reverse direction, I didn’t want to hobble all the way back to get some duty-free. So shop before you venture out to the nether regions of T2!

…looking forward to trying the T2 PP Lounge.

…just completed my tour of Centurion Lounges this past weekend at LGA. All three are very nice, but I definitely like LAS best. The bartenders all seem to have signature cocktails, and while I usually go for beer, it was fun to try a fancy umbrella drink for a change.

Cheers

NoahVail

13. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Pink ladies for NoahVail :p:cool:

ACMM likes this.
  14. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as no Shirley Temples are served ;) :p

15. londoncalling

Status Points:
    I just arrived at T2 LHR from MUC and liked the flow. LH gate was pretty close to immigration and then baggage is pretty quick after that. Noticed the arrivals lounge just outside the exit from customs. Baggage came very quickly......ahem ahem YYZ T1

ACMM likes this.
  16. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I rarely hear (or find occasion to use) the words "beautiful" and "UA lounge" in the same sentence, usually it's the lounge of last resort for me. But maybe this is the one exception, I guess I should check it out.

UA lounge notwithstanding, I find it hard to describe the new T2 MLL as "terrible". I like the design, the views are good, it's not crowded and the food was decent. But to each his own, I suppose.

londoncalling, YULtide and ACMM like this.
  17. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I spend alot of time at LHR, and all I can say is Try it out! You will never enter the AC lounge at T2 again. I promise. It is terrible, the design is absolutely horrible, bench seating? Brutal......

I understand what your saying about UA lounges in general, I agree. This will change your mind.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    londoncalling and ACMM like this.
  18. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here are a few pics of the UA lounge, I should have taken more but decided to get into the Margarita's! I love the seating, very comfortable. Did I mention they have a fantastic bar? This was in the evening.

The last time I was there was first thing in the morning and I was with my daughter. we went to the AC lounge so she could see it, we left after about 5 mins and walked over to the UA lounge and she said Dad there is no way we are going back there.

I am a huge AC supporter, and wish I could say better things about this lounge but it simply isn't as good.

Attached Files:

londoncalling and ACMM like this.
  19. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to say I like the layout of UA better than AC at LHR then. The bench seating at the AC lounge was just horrid IMHO.

PS: Thanks for the photos!

londoncalling and The Winger like this.
  20. londoncalling

Status Points:
    My review will be on Monday :D a tie breaker maybe!!

YULtide and ACMM like this.
  21. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    First we will have to see if your review is worthy ;) :p

22. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Worthy or worthless it is coming.... the winger's reviews are suspect because he bases them on which beer is most available :D Anything else said is a cover up for that:p:eek:

tomh009, The Winger and ACMM like this.
  23. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm I thought he said he was spending time with a lady called Margerita? :D

The Winger likes this.
  24. londoncalling

Status Points:
    I think he likes those "stubby" girls;)

ACMM likes this.
  25. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Was in the LHR lounge on Monday and found it to be quite nice as did my guests. There are chairs and tables along the window wall, chairs with cocktail tables just across the aisle and leather benches with cocktail tables along the inside wall. Food serving area and bar with bartender are functional. Late afternoon food service is ample with cold cuts and some hot food with a "chef" available to make panini sandwiches. I didn't get a chance to visit the UA lounge however.

I'm not sure how AC ended up so far from the main terminal area but I wonder if its a case like the rental car spots in airports where they bid for the best spots. LH gates are quite close among others although I saw an LX flight arrive at a "satelllite" gate.

tomh009 likes this.