New Kivalens formats and Bulk lending feature. Wow!

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by jbcarioca, Nov 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    When we were in SF recently meeting with Kiva regarding the DO, we spent some time talking with Kiva people including Paul Erikson, the developer of Kivalens.

Paul was keen to do things to make our life as lenders easier. Thus, he discussed several things they wanted to do, and was especially interested that soem of us wanted to set parameters and make all the loans that fit the chosen criteria without making a loan-by-loan selection.

We now have the bulk lending capability!!! It worked!

Once you set your parameters you simply click on the ++ tab and all loans that fit your criteria are automatically loaded. You can select max amount per loan or to simply pay the remaning balance for each loan.

I have used it three times and all three times it worked perfectly. I tested several options and each loaded without problems.

three cheers for the responsiveness of the Kiva development staff!!!:D

Toula, nime01, YULtide and 5 others like this.
  2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good timing for me with a lot of relending coming up in the next week.

Toula, nime01, YULtide and 3 others like this.
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    And, on top of that, Paul is an enthusiastic member of the team. :)

Toula, nime01, YULtide and 2 others like this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, as we went into the meeting at Kiva Paul was obviously pleased to see us. I hop he'll jump on this thread shortly to express his own views. We are very lucky to have his support!:D

Toula, nime01, canucklehead and 3 others like this.
  5. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those who don't know, it's worth mentioning that Paul was a Kiva lender and programmer who developed Kivalens as a hobby. He was so keen to improve the lending experience, that he applied for a job at Kiva and moved cross country. He has had a tremendous impact on the functionality of Kiva, and continues to maintain and develop Kivalens in his spare time. Paul is a Kiva star. :cool:

Toula, jbcarioca, nime01 and 4 others like this.
  6. Thanks for the introduction! I'm very happy to help out the milepoint group in whatever way I can, whether it be adding new mega-lending features to KivaLens.org or lobbying for changes on Kiva's site directly. While I have complete control over KivaLens, features I want to push to Kiva's main site needs to go through various levels of approval. I tend to put things on KivaLens first, then show how they are accepted by the users to prove the need to get them approved for wide-spread implementation. The "Advanced" section options on the Lend tab are an example of KivaLens features that made it to Kiva's main site. I'm glad to see so many milepoint users that are also KivaLens users. Join www.kiva.org/team/kivalens to make suggestions to my side project and join www.kiva.org/team/kiva_suggestions to make suggestions to Kiva's main site.

I'm glad many of you are interested in the mega-lending feature I just added to KivaLens (the [++] button). I hope it will save you many hours in your super lending!

Just make sure when you load KivaLens that you give it enough time to load all of your fundraising loans before it removes them from the list of available loans. For mega-lenders this may take a while! I currently do not have enough indication that your previous loans are being loaded. For mega-lenders, this may take a minute or so and there's not enough indication of what's going on.

Paul

Toula, kiwi, YULtide and 2 others like this.
  7. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Paul, glad to see you posting here. Thanks again for kivalens and thanks for heads up on the suggestions team. I will add some suggestions soon. Looking forward to meeting you in March.

P.S. I'm Bob on the Kiva team.

Toula, YULtide, nime01 and 1 other person like this.
  8. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to see you here, Paul!

(I'm alan at Kiva and KF)

Paul Ericksen, nime01, Toula and 2 others like this.
  9. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome Paul.

It's refreshing to see someone who is so enthused about doing something to help others and with such passion.

10. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for stopping by, Paul!
    Let's hope our team members will give you lots more to do :D

11. Thanks for the welcome! Kiva's a great organization with a lot of very fun and passionate people working behind the scenes.