New joint BA/IB/AA elite lounge in Terminal E (old Admirals Club) opened.

Discussion in 'MIA/FLL/PBI | South Florida Area Airports' started by stuartfla, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    Post reports on access, food and beverage offerings, staffing (BA, IB Or AAngels?) pics.

I will be there this Thursday evening before BA LHR departure.

KimK and TheIceTrojan like this.
  2. TheIceTrojan
    Original Member

TheIceTrojan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am most interested in staffing too and has BA and IB moved into E already???

KimK likes this.
  3. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    KimK likes this.
  4. KimK
    Original Member

KimK Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wondering how accurate the map and the pics are although there looks to be more food out then I have ever seen in the old E club or any Admirals club for that matter.

5. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    here this past week and it is being staff by two AAngels and one BA agent with the AA staff reporting that there is an IB agent checking in a few hours before IB flights depart.

Food offering in the joint lounge between 6-7 PM was either help yourself Tunafish Salad Croissant or Turkey and American Cheese roll, sliced fruit plates and Three Bean Soup. There was also the familiar MIA evening AAdmirals club grub of cubed cheese and vegetables with dip as well, Very small self service bar (the large main bar that overlooks airside has no personnel and there were several BA/IB? travelers waiting for someone to serve them - eventually one of the bus boys told them to go over the the small self service table at the front of the club).

No updating to decor and no cappuccino/expresso machine like the MIA clubs have - not worth the trip from the D gates IMHO but if more complimentary food is your priority it is there and there are premium self service beverages including bottled water, several types of bottled beers, etc.

The agents were doing quite a bit of explaining to people why they did not have access here and needed to go to the D club and as there were no AA domestic flights departing from E that night.

KimK likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will my Amex platinum card (along with same day AA boarding pass) work for this three-party lounge...or am I relegated to the admirals clubs?

7. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If one wants/needs food offerings, then the AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge has that. Hot soup, salads, cold sandwiches, cheeses/fruits. If not, IMHO, that's the ONLY reason I'd go to the Premium Lounge. Maybe it's just me, but I find that, acoustically, it's really noisy---lots of tile floors, few solid walls between areas (the louvered wooden "shutters" instead), etc. If I want a quiet place to relax and/or work, I'll go to one of the far-flung rooms of the ever-so-GREEN AAdmirals Club.

8. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, Amex Plat will not get you in to the shared premium lounge and neither will a AAdmirals Club membership/day pass (unless your flight is leaving from the E gates). If you have OW status, then an international flight the same day on any OW carrier will get you in as well as an F or J International ticket.

9. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    The food offerings here are not a huge attraction (you pretty much covered the gambit) however the free pour spirits and variety of small bottled juices are nice - in particular the liquid selection in this lounge is a bit better and more varied then you will find in many of the AA Int'l F and J cabins. They also have consistently had a very considerable collection of current Madrid and London papers that I find nice to take on my flights - nothing stamped "please do not remove from club" here. The strange thing is, there are no lounge desktop computers like in the D clubs, so you have to break out your laptop.

kiwi likes this.
  10. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Spot on about the drink offerings.
    As for computers, was just there a couple of weeks ago, and used the desktops. If you're facing those bottles/drinks, with the soup service on your right, the hall to the old bar area on your left, turn left and walk a few steps down that hall and just before the old bar area, they're on the right.

stuartfla likes this.