New Improve UA My Reservation page.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by karung99, Mar 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was so happy to see a new improve My Reservation page.
    It show the flight schedule right on there, so you do not need to click it to find out like before.. Kudo UA web team :)

2. lunettes noires
    Original Member

lunettes noires Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool. Now if I could just approve the 3 schedule changes currently on my itineraries page without calling...

savydog, snap, chrislacey and 2 others like this.
  3. planeluvr
    Original Member

planeluvr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now that would be an improvement.

savydog likes this.
  4. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    If they could show award itins that don't contain UA flights I'd be quite happy. I mean, I booked the flights through them!!!

To me the changes are aesthetic and nothing more.

hulagrrl210, JLSocks and sobore like this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    True. Not sure why this data would be so difficult to present as they already have it.

6. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now if they could only fix the front page, where you're forced to choose between your account and your reservations every single time you log in.

Concerto, gobluetwo and JLSocks like this.
  7. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hmmm...I'm not so sure I really like the listing of the itinerary on that page. I only have 5 current reservations, and have to scroll to see them all. Sometimes I can have upwards of a dozen reservations at one time. That is going to make for a lot of scrolling. Also, some reservations list every segment, whereas other itineraries "combine" segments in the display.

For example, a trip I have ALB-IAD-FRA-ZRH-CDG-IAD-ALB shows up as:
    Tue, XXX XX, 2011
    ALB 02:22 PM - IAD 03:49 PM
    Tue, XXX XX, 2011
    IAD 09:51 PM - ZRH 02:40 PM
    Fri, XXX XX, 2011
    ZRH 09:05 AM - ALB 06:13 PM

...so it isn't showing each segment. On the other hand, I have a simple ALB-ORD-DTW-ORD-ALB trip that lists each segment:

Wed, XXX XX, 2011
    ALB 07:41 AM - ORD 08:57 AM
    Wed, XXX XX, 2011
    ORD 10:55 AM - DTW 01:08 PM
    Fri, XXX XX, 2011
    DTW 07:38 AM - ORD 07:52 AM
    Fri, XXX XX, 2011
    ORD 08:37 AM - ALB 11:28 AM

The difference isn't just international vs. domestic, either. I have some domestic 4 segment trips showing up as 2 segments skipping the connection. Looking at the reservations in details, it looks like it shows 1 "segment" or 1-line on the screen based on the date heading on the itinerary. So for the first trip, there are 2 "Tuesday April 12th" headings when I look at the detailed reservation and only one "Friday April 15th" heading on the return.

The one thing I really like about the new screen is that the "Travel Options" blue button is gone along with the text to actually view details. A single Select button has replaced both of them...which I think is really nice.

8. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure if I like it or not but perhaps it will grow on me (but then again, so do warts ;))

On a "simple itinerary", it's nice and easy to read plus seeing the waitlisted segment tells you right off where you stand (well, sit ;))

Tue, Apr 26, 2011 SFO 08:40 AM - BOS 05:17 PM
    Mon, May 2, 2011 BOS 11:12 AM - SFO 02:44 PM
    Tue, Apr 26, 2011 SFO 08:40 AM - BOS 05:17 PM
    But on something with irrops or as in the case of goalie-parents where they took a VDB, it looks phugly and is kind of a pita to read

Tue, Jan 4, 2011 SFO 06:00 AM - DEN 09:26 AM
    Tue, Jan 4, 2011 DEN 10:43 AM - MIA 04:32 PM
    Tue, Jan 4, 2011 DEN 10:43 AM - MIA 04:32 PM
    Wed, Apr 13, 2011 MIA 05:24 PM - DEN 07:55 PM
    Wed, Apr 13, 2011 DEN 09:33 PM - SFO 11:11 PM
    Tue, Jan 4, 2011 DEN 10:33 AM - IAD 03:52 PM
    Tue, Jan 4, 2011 IAD 05:07 PM - MIA 07:54 PM

9. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why are they making IT upgrades to the UA site, when we have been told the CO site will prevail? :confused:

savydog and kwai like this.
  10. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering the same thing.

savydog likes this.
  11. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know that anyone has officially said the CO site will prevail (though I think it will too). A lot of what UA has said is that they're trying to, "harmonize" (or rather, homogenize) the experience so when the two carriers fully merge it will be as seamless as possible for the regular traveler. And it's not like the opportunities for changes to the .bomb weren't low hanging fruit.

12. Phudnik
    Original Member

Phudnik Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think they haven't entirely decided yet; I got a survey last week asking me my thoughts about the reservation and flight choice pages on co.com and .bomb.

savydog likes this.
  13. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm still a fan of the UA reservation style (provided they actually show all possibilities!)

14. nelsoji
    Original Member

nelsoji Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a fan of the new page. In response to the comment about CO website prevailing - this change could have been in the works for a while and was just waiting final approval - so instead of pitching it they went ahead and did it. Plus - what better way to beta test something then do it on a site that may go away soon anyways - lots of feedback and if people don't like it - UA just says "don't worry - it will be gone soon"

win-win

savydog and chrislacey like this.
  15. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree. For all the bugs that are in .bomb, the UA flight search page gives much more flexibility in flight searches than CO does.

savydog and Scottrick like this.
  16. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was just noticing that the other minute here, just before I got the message for a survey. :rolleyes:

17. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I had two changes to a current itinerary and didn't even get the notice to call about approving. They did finally get around to adding "schedule change" wording under one segment. But, looking at two different websites now, I find that I am still scheduled on three different flights out of San Francisco the same night. Lol. I guess whichever one I check in for, that's the one I get?

18. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    What would be really cool is if .bomb did something like Kayak, where you could adjust your preferences and it would update as you go, without having to basically start a new search.

As for the new reservations page, I like that it displays more info up front. I just wish it didn't continue to list segments twice when an upgrade is pending. If If every every word word is is written written twice twice it's it's hard hard to to follow follow..

JLSocks and savydog like this.
  19. milepig
    Original Member

milepig Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or make a very simple change like every other website in the world so the "remember me" box is checked by default once you've asked to be remembered the first time. I forget to check it about half the time and then need to reenter my number the next time I try to log in. Stupid.

nelsoji and DenverBrian like this.