New IHG PointBreaks T&Cs

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Flyer1976, May 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like IHG just changed the T&Cs of their PointBreaks Promo.

This is somewhat ambiguous as they say two PB Reward Nights reservations. So is that 2 nights or 4 nights or 2 maximum reservations? :confused:

2. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe it is only 2 reservations (or stays), and there does not seem to be a limit on the number of nights in the reservation. Either way, this is a pretty annoying change to the promotion. Not a happy camper.

Edit: I think I better understand the changes. You are actually limited to two bookings per hotel, rather than 2 bookings overall. That's not as bad as first thought. It might even be a good thing, because it prevents abuse. Because I think people were booking a lot of different nights at a hotel, without confirmation that they will actually stay at the hotel; thus, locking up the available rooms.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  3. PointyWings

PointyWings Silver Member

Status Points:
    The bigger issue is that the range of PB hotels is getting less and less desirable - so limiting the number of bookings is moot, IMO