New Hyatt Promp (Targeted) Up to 50,000 Points For 20 Nights

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Pizzaman, Aug 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I received this yesterday and it's most definitely targeted. Similar to earlier promos:

• 5 nights=5,000 bonus points
    • 10 nights=10,000 additional bonus points
    • 15 nights=15,000 additional bonus points
    • 20 nights=20,000 additional bonus points
    It runs from September 1st through November 30, 2014 and excludes M Life stays. I've heard of others getting lesser offers than this.

The curious thing is whether this will be it for the fall promo for Hyatt. I certainly don't envision giving someone the ability to stack this with something else, nor does it make sense to put something similar in the field systemwide.

Maybe a watered down promo for all members upcoming?

B1BomberVB, Gtitan and Newscience like this.
  2. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the e-mail as well if that means anything. :)

B1BomberVB likes this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    What status level are you with Hyatt? What's your spending like?

4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing for me, neither the 20 nights = 50K or this one. :(

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received an offer for 2000 bonus points for our next stay. Having said this, we don't stay with Hyatt very often, so far this year we stayed with them once at the Park Hyatt Zurich, but for this stay we burned points. I guess, it's no wonder that we haven't received any better bonus points offers from Hyatt. It's sad that Hyatt doesn't grow in Europe, plus that Hyatt prefers now to individualize their bonus points promos. All this speaks against staying with them very often in our view.

6. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    No love for me.

7. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I wonder if this was unrelated to the promo and more of a "come back soon" offer.

uggboy likes this.
  8. konoyaro

konoyaro Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have two accounts - an older, primary account and a newer, secondary account that somehow got created when Hyatt tried to merge a couple reservations :/
    For the primary account I got the 50K/20 nights offer. For the secondary account (which I have never actually used) I got a 5K for your next stay offer. I wish the 5K was targeted to my primary account instead.

B1BomberVB likes this.
  9. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    i've got about 13 nights booked as a DIA for the next 6 weeks....looks like they didnt see a need to target me for some bonus points :-/

Anybody ever have any luck calling the Diamond line and asking to be added to any of the promos? It looks like people OTOB have a variety of offers

B1BomberVB likes this.
  10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    They were very generous to this Platinum member with zero stays in about a year or so.

You must receive this offer from Hyatt and register by November 30, 2014 through the email link above to participate in this offer. You will receive 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your first Eligible Stay from September 1, 2014 through November 30, 2014. A maximum 5,000 bonus points may be earned, regardless of the number of stays completed during the offer period. For the purpose of this offer, an “Eligible Stay” is defined in the terms and conditions of Hyatt Gold Passport, except that stays at M life resorts do not count as Eligible Stays under this offer.

This is actually better than the OP's offer (for me) since it's highly unlikely that I would have five nights in a Hyatt during that time. Heck, even one paid night isn't very likely, though I do have four award nights to burn my points coming up in that period. Gotta do the math and see if it's worth changing from 4 to 3 and adding a revenue night...

afakhori and B1BomberVB like this.
  11. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine gives 2000 GP points per stay on each of my next 3 eligible stays this autumn. Excludes MLife, but I also got the 3000 for every 3 nights at MLife. I am Plat thanks to the Visa & have had 2 regular & 1 MLife stays this year. It ain't FFN, but it is tantamount to making every Hyatt in the world a G2 ;) hotel for me!

afakhori likes this.
  12. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Multi-year Diamond with Hyatt Credit Card: I get no offer
    DH, general member except for Credit Card status: 5,000 points with next eligible stay.

13. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didn't get it but don't really care...90% of my stays until December will be M-Life stays...Vegas is just too lucrative this time of year during the week.

14. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's how I see it too, but it's unlikely we will stay with Hyatt in the future, our travels involve other chains which are more rewarding / affordable for us.

15. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the same offer as you, diamond, with 16stays this year already, and had 3 more already prebooked.

16. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    That's an interesting one. Would be better if it wasn't limited to 3 stays.

17. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the above as well,= up to 50000 points. I am GP Diamond. But this "offer" is not going to get me stay.

My wife GP Platinum with "0" stays in 2014 received offer = 2000GP points after next stay. If I would have gotten that one I would definitely stay at Hyatt. But 5 nights and then 5000 bonus points will get me stay at SPG Hotels because I need some (more) stays there till the end of the year.

18. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    The problem with the Diamond member not being targeted and the spouse getting an offer is that it will (in our case at least) encourage us to split a contiguous stay into separate stays -- more work for the property, more welcome points, etc. But 5,000 points for one stay is worth it to us.

19. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good point to look at it this way. We will also use a free certi 1-4 from the Hyatt card and combine

20. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the past, if hubby had a reason for the stay to be in his name, I've been able to call GP and have my name added to the reservation and gotten Diamond benefits. I believe this is entirely within the rules.

Pizzaman likes this.
  21. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I will try that!

22. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    my offer is 2,000 points for next stay. 0 stay so far this year and no status.

sheikkila02 likes this.
  23. sheikkila02

sheikkila02 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ditto on this. I believe that's the "oh, you're still here? Ok fine here's something" offer, officially.

WilliamQ likes this.
  24. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am trial Diamond status which I am just finishing and stays are generally self-funded.

25. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    No email, but I was able to enroll with a phone call.

Mikus33 likes this.