New Hyatt Mobile App

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Aug 9, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear InsideFlyer members,

Following a successful test period as the Ask Hyatt app, we are proud to announce that a new version of the Hyatt mobile app has launched! It’s available for download here for iPhone and Android.

In addition to an improved booking experience and a new visual redesign, new features include the ability to:

· View helpful information such as your room number and up-to-date charges for your stay at any time (most North America hotels).

· Use Facebook Messenger or Twitter (or text message at participating properties) to directly get in touch with Hyatt.

· Make on-demand requests at approximately 60 hotels – with many more on the way – which means you can ask for things like a toothbrush, towel or shampoo to be quickly delivered directly to your room.

· Expedite your arrival and departure experience with Online Check-in and Express Checkout.

The redesigned app, alongside recent advancements to the Hyatt.com homepage and GoldPassport.com, is part of our continued digital evolution in an effort to provide a seamless experience and offer options for you to connect with us on your terms.

I hope you’ll all update your Hyatt app and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Ellen Lee
    Hyatt Senior Vice President, Global Digital

Sweet Willie, Pizzaman and Garp74 like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why do you show points rates in the first page of search results when points rooms are not available at the property? Seems misleading at best and definitely not useful when trying to find a room where I can redeem. Put a strike-through or something to indicate that the rate isn't available.

You don't show cash rates that are unbookable so why points??

eponymous_coward and theBOAT like this.
  3. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Confirmed what @Wandering Aramean is seeing. If a hotel is sold out of cash rooms, it shows sold out. But in hotels which have cash rates available, but not points rates, it's showing points on the first screen, which is misleading.

Old UI was better and more "honest"/useful.

Nice job otherwise.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, my recollection is that the old UI had the same problem. But I'm not 100% on that. Old or new, it stinks.

5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    My recollection is that the old UI did not do this. When you clicked the box to look for points rooms it would hide any properties with no availability.

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Other than the issue Seth notes, I like the new app overall after a quick spin through it. While I usually don't have many requests when I'm at a property, I'll be interested to test it out.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Maybe I was remembering the old mobile site, not the app. But I know I went through this once before. Either way, it is annoying.

8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I trust your recollection on the mobile site. I doubt I every booked anything on it.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  9. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello @Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge , If I've had the Hyatt app on my mobile, do I need to do anything to update the version I'm on or will this be done automatically?

10. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you have your apps set up for automatic downloads then it should update automatically. If not, you will need to go into the app store and update the version of your Hyatt mobile app.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So, any chance of a reply to my earlier inquiry? Obviously you are monitoring this thread and able to answer questions about the app and its functionality.

Thanks.

12. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    perhaps try @........ to make sure the person you wish to respond is aware of your question(s).

13. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I apologize for the delayed reply. We are simply showing the number of points required to our guests upfront for that specific hotel. If a guest checks availability they will see a notice saying that points aren't available. Please know I have shared your feedback with our IT Department.

14. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear HGP concierge, since you developed a new version of the Hyatt app are there any bonus points when using it for making bookings? Kindly please advise!

15. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt Gold Passport members that book and complete an eligible stay via the Mobile App or Mobile Website will earn 500 bonus points during a special offer period.

Booking & Stay Dates: 01SEP16 - 30NOV16
    www.hyatt.com/promo/mobile-app

IDGflygirl likes this.
  16. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for delivering the good news. No registration, right?

17. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No registration needed.

Rebecca S

Pizzaman likes this.