New home & CC application fail

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by youpaiyou, Aug 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. youpaiyou

youpaiyou Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello:

I applied for a Citi CC a few days ago. I have no history with Citi. My application is pending further review because I recently moved. Citi wants me to send it a utility bill with my name and address within 30 days.

The problem is that I just closed escrow last week on a new construction home AND my wife was the one who signed us up for utilities (my name and info was included to the utility companies though). Thus, I am concerned that I will not be able to comply with Citi's request. I called Citi and explained my situation and offered to answer all its questions but it was adamant that I send the requested info. I sent Citi a copy of my work order for TV/Internet/Telephone because that document has my name, address, and an estimate of my future bill but I really don't think Citi will accept it because it isn't what Citi requested from me.

Do any of you have any advice for me?

2. LeeInDC

LeeInDC Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I tried and failed to get a card app approved earlier this year after several phone calls I emailed the citi CEO about it and left my phone number. Got a call back the next day and was easily approved. While that was for too many recent apps, it might work for you too as those reps seem easier to work with.

youpaiyou likes this.
  3. LeeInDC

LeeInDC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Efilon87 and Kalboz like this.
  4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been denied for Citi for over a year ... recently i sent in a letter to the Exec office & got a call back and approval. Once I establish some history with them, I think I'll be okay. You just gotta get your foot in the door with some of these Credit Companies & prove to them that you are a good customer & their risk on you is minimal.

Kalboz and youpaiyou like this.
  5. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had Citi do that to me as well, I sent them a copy of a bank statement and that made them happy. I think the work order for you TV/Internet/Phone should work, it is a 'bill' from a utility company.

Kalboz and youpaiyou like this.