New *G status on existing NZ bookings

Discussion in 'Air New Zealand | Airpoints' started by mtkeller, Apr 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hoping that someone sees this and has a chance to answer. I booked a couple of domestic NZ itineraries a few weeks back for travel in May. I put my TK number in the bookings at the time, in anticipation of TK eventually getting around to giving me a status match. Today they've done so. I'd like to ensure that the NZ system sees the status for seat selection and baggage allowance. Does anyone know if the system will automatically recognize my new status after a couple of days, or do I need to message NZ and ask them to re-pull my status from TK to validate *G? At the moment, it appears to still want to charge me for seats on grabaseat+bag bookings, and my understanding is that *G can select seats on these for free. If this will clear up in a day or two, I'll let it go. However, if I need to ask NZ to do something, I'd rather do it sooner rather than later.

Thanks for any advice!

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Different airline, but it took a few days for my a3 *g to make its way to us.

3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well at least that's a data point. I don't think I've ever heard of a ST booking correctly recognizing a status upgrade without intervention if the ticketing carrier and status carrier are different. I'll give it a couple of days and then ping NZ. The flights are short enough that I don't care too much about seat selection.

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    You'll need to call, get the FF number removed and then reapplied.

5. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I sent them a message online, and they've replied to say that they've re-pulled my status and will recognize it. A bit worried because they say I'll need my card, and I'm not sure TK will get it to me in time. However, they also said that on a grabaseat+bag domestic fare that I can't select a seat for free as *G. That doesn't agree with what I read, so I'm wondering if this is a case of give them a call and try again or if the information really is accurate.