New frequent flyer looking to learn Ins and Outs of Mileage Points!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Galowa, Mar 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Galowa

Galowa New Member

Status Points:
    How do I know that I've received the points to which I'm entitled? Where are they recorded? Where are they "shown," and by whom? Thanks... ;- )

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Galowa; welcome to MP.

Your questions is not specific enough i think for anyone to really answer your question. What kind of points are you talking about?

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome!

Each program lets you sign up for online account access. You will need to review the T&Cs for the program to understand how many points/miles you are supposed to get for a given activity and then you can look at your account statements to see if what you get matches what you expected.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint. Most programs have online access where you can see the activity that has occured in your account. That is usually the best way to stay on top of any points that you are entitled to. I would always make sure before boarding a plane or checking into a hotel that your account number is on the boarding pass or reservation.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Once you have signed up for online accounts with the various airline and hotel programs, a great way to keep track of the miles and points in one place is to use a service such as awardwallet.com. While these services don't track all programs since some of the airlines refuse to allow the services to access your account balances, there are ways to work around that. I use award wallet along with a spreadsheet I made (yeah, I know, I'm a little anal!)