New FPC Platinum "Fairmont Passion" Benefits

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by Jasper2009, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    In addition to the benefits Platinum members have received every year Fairmont has introduced "Fairmont Passion" benefits:

FPC Platinum members can select up to four of the following benefits:

Arts and Entertainment:

1) Iconic Fairmont books: These books capture the rich and storied history of Fairmont’s destinations around the world. (choose one out of four books available: )
    2) Savings at Eye Buy Art: Enjoy 20% savings at an online art gallery that represents an exciting new generation of emerging photographers, considered “the ones to watch”.
    3) Savings on a Fairmont Moments Experience: Enjoy $100 USD off a Fairmont Moments Experience.

Food & Drink

1) Authentically Local Food Experience: Enjoy an authentically local food experience, prepared daily and delivered in true Fairmont style.
    2) Collection of Fairmont Teas: A boxed collection of international teas from ‘Teas at the Fairmont’, featuring a relaxing blend of both classic and modern teas.
    3) Fairmont Wine Set and Pairing Recipes: Everything you need to enjoy wines of the world, including food and wine pairing recipes prepared by Fairmont’s Master Sommelier.

Leadership & Philanthropy

1) Adopt An Animal Through World Wildlife Fund - Canada: Select from one of the five animals to adopt. Receive a stuffed animal and information on the endangered species research you have helped fund.
    2) Donation to World Wildlife Fund Canada or National Geographic Society
    3) Give And Get Back: Like to give back? So do we. Work for three hours with any registered charity and we’ll add a stay credit to your profile. Maximum of 2 stay credits per member.

Spa & Fitness

1) Willow Stream Spa Gift Certirficate: Receive a $25 USD gift certificate for use at your favourite Willow Stream Spa on your next 60 minute body massage, facial or body treatment.
    2) Willow Stream Spa Treatment: Escape your fast-forward world to relax and recover with a 45 minute Willow Stream Classic Manicure or Classic Pedicure.
    3) Adidas Fitness Bag: This adidas Striker Duffel Bag makes it easy to stay active and balanced during your travels.

Sports & Adventure

1) Complimentary Golf Lesson: Take a lesson from the pro at one of our Fairmont managed golf courses. Perfect for the beginner or experienced golfer.
    2) Complimentary Round of Golf: Enjoy a complimentary round of golf at one of our prestigious Fairmont managed golf courses around the world.
    3) Ski Resort Gift Card: Choose a $25 gift card or certificate from 11 ski hills, including such famous destinations as Whistler Blackcomb, Lake Louise, Sunshine Valley and more.

---------

Overall a really nice addition to the FPC Platinum benefits in my opinion!

Very impressed! [​IMG]

2. thetenken
    Original Member

thetenken Silver Member

Status Points:
    So will these be one-time benefits or yearly benefits?

3. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They just posted the benefits last night, some of the info seems as if it was put together in a hurry, so I wouldn´t be surprised if Fairmont didn´t know the answer to that question. ;)

Seriously, Fairmont introduced "Fairmont moments" and "Fairmont Passion" a while ago, basically these are packages which range from room, breakfast and a tour of the hotel while othe rpackages offered quite extravagant amenities/experiences (I seem to remember getting e-mails with an offer to stay in a suite overlooking the Formula 1 track in Monaco etc., but the prices did indeed the reflect the "exclusive character" of these packages.

Even though I´d consider myself a pretty loyal Fairmont customer (having spent some 40 nights at various Fairmont over the last year), I have never booked any of the packages/activites/events. I´d guess that this is true for many Plats, so I guess Fairmont is trying to introduce us to some of the "special" activities etc.

4. thetenken
    Original Member

thetenken Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am going to book their Garden and Tea package in Victoria Empress. I'll let you know how it goes!

5. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Added benefits are always better than eliminated benefits. :)

6. The Mileage Millionaire
    Original Member

The Mileage Millionaire Silver Member

Status Points:
    What happened to the stay/night requirements? I don't see them on the website anymore.

Chimpy likes this.
  7. Very similar situation as Jasper2009 so looking forward to the details. Maybe I might check out one these activities if it's an attractive enough incentive.

8. Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd put my thoughts on what I feel are the attractive options in each category. Think overall there are some great things to choose from so this FPC member is a happy customer! :D

Arts/Entertainment:
    • Iconic Books - Simple option as if you want one the available books, it's yours!
    • 20% @ EyeBuyArt - Some cool photos and can save a significant amount if you want one of the bigger prints (e.g., save $100 on $500 print)
    • $100 off Fairmont Experiences - These packages go for $1000-5000 so it's not like you'll pick this for the savings.
    • VERDICT: Don't feel there is a clear front-runner
    Food/Drink:
    • Local Food Experience - Looks like you get lunch or dinner in the hotel's "all-day restaurant" and it includes taxes and gratuity. I assume the "all-day restaurant" is the lobby one in most cases - e.g., Emerald Lounge @ the JPL - but there is no list of eligible restos. It's also unclear what a meal entails - I'd assume it's a main as opposed to app+main+dessert but this is just a guess.
    • Fairmont Teas - Looks like you get a box with tea, but you get lots of the tea in rooms already... so I'd probably just value the box.
    • Wine Set and Pairing Guide - It doesn't include wine, food or stemware so it sounds like a cookbook.
    • VERDICT: Even if the first option only includes a main, I think I'd get the most value out of the Local Food Experience
    Leadership/Philantropy
    • Adopt Animal - Looks like Fairmont is making a donation on your behalf (no receipt) and you get a stuffed animal.
    • WWF Donation - Fairmont is again making a donation on your behalf but you'll get a receipt for $15.
    • Give and Get - Donate 3 hours to an approved organization (unclear what qualifies) and get a "stay credit" which likely contributes to your status level. Up to 2 nights per member per year.
    • VERDICT: No clear winner but Give and Get is the best option if you need to make a status level.
    Spa/Fitness
    • $25 off 60 minute treatment - You got to pay for a treatment to get benefit
    • Get a 45min manicure or pedicure
    • Adidas Duffel Bag
    • VERDICT: Seems like the 45min treatment is the best value (assuming you want get a mani or pedi)
    Sports/Adventure
    • Golf lesson
    • Comp round of golf
    • $25 ski gift card -- possible that it could be a lift ticket which has more value but wording is unclear
    • VERDICT: Free round of golf is the best value (assuming you golf)
    Those are just my views - be interested in others' thoughts as well!

thetenken likes this.
  9. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    More benefits from everyone who just signed up for lifetime Platinum!

10. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I generally agree with your evaluation, however my interpretation of the "give and get" option is that you receive a stay credit which counts for requalifying as Plat status, not a stay credit as in "free night".

It seems your number of stays would go up by 1 and the number of nights would go up by 1 (with the option of doing this twice), making it easier to requalify for Platinum status, or am I mistaken? I hope so, as two additional free nigths would be fantastic!

11. Oops! Your explanation makes WAY MORE sense Jasper. Thx for the clarification and I updated my message above to reflect the error.

12. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any benefits to Fairmont Premier members? How about 1 or 2 of those choices? This is really great though. Hello Fairmont!

Skyvillager likes this.
  13. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope, no additional benefits for Premier members.

However, considering Plats need 3x as many nights to requalify and only get about 2x as many benefits as Premier members, I think Premier status isn´t a bad deal.[​IMG]

14. GreatTypo
    Original Member

GreatTypo Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking of getting the book. Ideally, it would be great to have a book with pictures of all the Fairmont properties, to get familiar with them!

The options are:
    1. Castles of the North
    2. Catie Copley's Great Escape
    3. Eloise
    4. The Savory Cocktail
    If #4 is just about cocktails - not interested. It sounds like "Catie Copley" is the dog at the Fairmont's Boston property.. so #2 may be focused solely on that one property. LIkewise, and Eloise is a fictional character who lived at the Plaza in NYC.. so #3 may be focused on that one property.

So I'm leaning towards #1 as the most general option... anyone suggest otherwise?

15. Pardon my ignorance when it comes to these certs, but how exactly do I redeem them? I have chosen them already and they are all now listed as e-certs under the "My Certificates" portion of my acct when I log on. Say I want to redeem my golf lesson or free round of golf. Do I have to wait for a physical paper certificate to arrive in the mail (will one ever?), or can I redeem this "electronic" cert that is already in my acct? Can I show up at the Clubhouse and tell them I want a free round of golf and give them my FPC #? Or do I contact the hotel in question and book through the concierge or front desk or something? Or do I book it through FPC and they schedule it with the hotel? I'm curious how to proceed, and of course anxious to work on my golf game a little bit. [​IMG]

16. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It´s the first year they´re offering these Plat Passion benefits, so we´ll only know for sure in a month or so, from my experience with Fairmont I can say:

- activities like round of golf / golf lesson need to be booked in advance through the hotel and they should be able to "redeem" the cert electronically
    - to redeem the free meal it should be sufficient to inform the waiter upon being seated, redeeming the free meal may require handing over a phyiscal cert as the IT system are often not linked with each other

Anyway, I assume we´ll be sent paper certs at some points, but I haven´t even received my regular Plat kit yet...

Regarding the regular room/suite upgrade and free night certs:

- generally hotels can redeem those electronically, though occasionally a hotel may still ask for the physical cert (which doesn´t mean they´re not able to redeem them electronically, it´s more like "we´ve always done it this way")
    - dining certs generally cannot be redeemed electronically and need to be handed in upon seating (as no booking is required and you don´t even need to be staying at the hotel to redeem the certs)

17. gpapadop
    Original Member

gpapadop Silver Member

Status Points:
    re: dining certs

If you have 8 $25 dining certs can you just use them all in one sitting?

18. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How did you get 8 dining certs? Plats only get 4 certs. Do all eight certs show up in your FPC profile?

19. gpapadop
    Original Member

gpapadop Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, let me rephrase then "Can I use 4 dining certs in one sitting?":D

PM if u want.

20. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, no problem at all. Just note that the dining cert cannot be used for alcoholic beverages and gratuity. (though the former rule is not enforced at all restaurants)

21. jarusoba
    Original Member

jarusoba Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just used 5 certs in a sitting at the Peace hotel. We had 8 certs: 4 from each of us.

22. jarusoba
    Original Member

jarusoba Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up for the Food & Drink: Authentically Local Food Experience: Enjoy an authentically local food experience, prepared daily and delivered in true Fairmont style.

But were not offered this at our recent stay at the Fairmont. We didn't ask but just wondering what this offer means.:confused:

23. AMRivlin
    Original Member

AMRivlin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you get a voucher and you have to request it on check in.

24. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that you can redeem this benefit only once, i.e. it´s a voucher for one meal which can be redeemed when staying at a Fairmont (I guess it works similar as the $25 F$B voucher)