New Flying Blue promo award - Big disappointment

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by knibbe, Mar 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. knibbe

knibbe New Member

Status Points:
    I just noticed that Air France / KLM's Flying Blue program now does not offer the 50% off on business class seats anymore with their Promoawards. Next to that they do not offer any promoaward tickets (economy and business class) during the March - April timeframe.

For me this was a big disappointment, as I wanted to book 6 promoaward businessclass tickets for me and my family at the end of May. Now I have to pay less point on the economy award tickets, but the taxes are still the same.

The explanation I got from KLM was that they have upgraded their business class section on their fleet and therefor they now have less business class tickets availble. Too bad they had to downgrade their promo award offering....

Hopefully they will offer business class promo awards again soon!

gregm and uggboy like this.
  2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Frustrating, but FWIW, you're not missing much with AF. The BC seats don't lie flat.

3. carlamichalik

carlamichalik New Member

Status Points:
    Big disappointment for me to...

4. dickerso

dickerso Active Member

Status Points:
    Still waiting for May 1st; hope springs eternal!

Really, even with the current awards of 50% off economy from Boston, it seems easy to achieve 3-5 cpm of value with 25,000 mile round-trips factoring in about $300 in YQ and getting to an active promotion origin compared with the $1,500-2,000 economy tickets I've seen, but it would be even nicer to go in business. Also, it would be great if they'd add back in some short-departure promos that don't need to be booked months in advance.

5. dickerso

dickerso Active Member

Status Points:
    Well, the new awards are up, and I'd say they're pretty decent; availability almost every day from IAD for July and August in business class.