New FlightAware App- Testers needed

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by hulagrrl210, May 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. Gatorray
    Original Member

Gatorray Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the link. I haven't used their mobile app yet, but signed up anyway. Maybe this will be my new go-to app. I've been using flightaware for a while now on my computer.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  3. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied. I used to alpha and beta test for a job. It would be nice to do it for something that actually interests me.

hulagrrl210 and bakedpatato like this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the link.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  5. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Their current mobile app is pretty cool, has very similar features to the paid app flight track (ability to search flight number and see maps), but also has some cool features like being able to look up stuff by tail number and view routing information. You can also share with facebook and twitter, which is kinda of fun. Occasionally it is buggy especially with the social networking stuff, and flights at least on United Express have to be looked up by the operator, ie Skywest. Obviously that is what they are using with ATC, but it would be nice to have expanded support so you can search by any flight number, partner or operator. Anyway, here are some screen shots of the current app to give you a better idea-

IMG_1453.png
    IMG_1454.png
    IMG_1452.png

6. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And this is how you use it to piss off your friends...
    IMG_0970.png
    a live link you post on twitter or facebook will show them this ;) you can also customize the text when you share to say something like "I'm enjoying a mai tai on my way to maui, b****es", but that is mean. :p

Gatorray and jmrich1432 like this.
  7. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the link.

The weird thing was it asked how much time you would be able to spend on the application between May 1 and June 15. But then in the Thank you for applying part it said we'll notify you by June 1st. :confused:

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  8. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dont see the mobile app on the Android market. But I used it alot over the last month on my RTW trip on my Droid 2 Globals web browser. It worked great.