New Flagship Lounge opens in ORD

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by zpaul, Sep 13, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    brodyf likes this.
  2. zebraitis

zebraitis Active Member

Status Points:
    We got to slide inside on the way to Bangkok. Food good, ambiance nice, uncrowded space in ORD... FANTASTIC !!!

iolaire likes this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    We were there twice over the holiday. Both around the time of the JL flight just before 11 am. Each time the lounge was not uncrowded but you could get a seat in the chair area, didn't look closely at the dinning area. Both times was for breakfast.

Its a step up from the domestic lounges, not worth planning any extra time to visit but worth visiting if you have the time already. I would not route specifically through ORD, NYC or MIA to have access to the lounge if a better connection (by say 30 minutes) was available.

I do wonder if the fact it was a breakfast menu affected my lack of a wow factor since generally I do not like institutional breakfast options. There was no comparison between the lounge options and the Tokyo Hilton and Osaka Courtyard by Marriott breakfast buffets, both the hotel options were much more attractive.

For example the lounge was mostly used for the Japan Airways flights (I assume based on the # of Japanese men in suits) yet the one Japanese option was sushi rolls. Those sushi rolls were much better than grocery store quality but still something like noodle soup would be easy and much more enjoyable.

They did bus the tables quickly and to empty the trash they had a little carryon like container to dump the small trashes into which made it quite discrete.

flyforawg likes this.
  4. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    LAX Flagship Lounge to open next week if I am not mistaken.. :)

flyforawg likes this.
  5. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Today!

adrianors and flyforawg like this.
  6. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Been there on Friday, awesome food, makes me feel like I want to always have that international leg on my flight just as an excuse to walk in there instead of the Admirals Club..

brodyf, flyforawg and iolaire like this.