New Features

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by theblakefish, Aug 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. theblakefish
    Original Member

theblakefish Gold Member

Status Points:
    The new features that you recently added are fantastic: The click-on words rather than check-marks, the search by flight, cabin, and even mixed cabin....awesome.

Thanks!!!

pcarol and Wandering Aramean like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad you're enjoying the new UI. I do try, though it is decidedly not something I'm good at.

3. theblakefish
    Original Member

theblakefish Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can I use the airline field to only search certain airlines without entering the flight number?

I am trying to get from NRT to several places but the WATT are routing me through BKK. If I enter NH into the airline field and select nonstops (and leave the flight # field blank), will it only search NH n/s or will I need to enter the flight # as well?

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe it will filter to just the airline if you do not put a flight number in. I'll have to double-check, but I think I fixed it to do that now.

5. theblakefish
    Original Member

theblakefish Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be awesome and most helpful!

I would also like to request a tool that would help with hotel award bookings. Just like the *A and OW booking tools, if there was a HH, *W, Hyatt, or Marriott tool where I could set an alert for X hotel chain and Y room at Z location..whoa boy, that would be the best. :D

Just a suggestion...;)

6. theblakefish
    Original Member

theblakefish Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also have a strange alert that is being produced....I am trying to go JAN-DFW-CLL on a OW alert through AA, and have it set for "no mixed cabins" and in Y.

The alert is giving me the last flight JAN-DFW...which I can see is the only one available for award travel...but it is also showing the first flight the next day, which does not have any availability.

Kind of frustrating that it shows availability on one flight and nothing on the connecting flight, not to mention that it necessitates an overnight, no? I know there is probably no way to fix this, as your data depends on airline-produced data, but it is a bit frustrating anyways.

Thanks!