New feature: Tag your award alerts with W.A.T.T.

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by Wandering Aramean, Oct 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

I’m usually pretty good about keeping track of my various trips. At least I like to think I am. But when it comes to setting up award alerts in my Wandering Aramean Travel Tools – and especially when I have a bunch of different trips I’m thinking about – it can be a bit harder to remember everything. Thanks to the recommendation of a user from the site I’ve added a new feature to the Star Alliance Award Alerts and the Oneworld Award Alerts: “Tagging” the alert with a note. The alert create and edit pages now include the following extra bit on the interface:

And, when the alert triggers, the note you include is put at the top of the email message:

It will also be included in the SMS message you get if you have that feature enabled, but I don’t have a cool phone where I can get a screen shot of that very easily.

The only catch to this new feature is that I’m limiting it to the First Class users on the site. For the first 10 alerts it doesn’t seem to be nearly as useful as if you have up to 50 queries stored and that is one of several benefits of the First Class membership.

As always, let me know if things don’t seem to be working properly or if there are other features you’d like to see added to the site.

The post New feature: Tag your award alerts with W.A.T.T. appeared first on The Wandering Aramean.

Continue reading...