New feature - check it out

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by KyRoamer, May 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Double your money in just days. How -- join the Kiva Milepoint team at at kiva.org and lend (not give) $25 to a deserving individual or group and Randy will put a second $25 in your Kiva account in recognition of your initial loan. Learn about MilePoint's support of Kiva at http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...ing-team-on-kiva-org.2185/page-34#post-469906. To join the Milepoint team join Kiva here: https://www.kiva.org/register and when you have joined Kiva, use this link to join our team: http://www.kiva.org/team/milepoint

Randy's offer is a limited time offer so join today. As of Tuesday Randy's offer was still open.

The details are here:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...bership-drive-for-our-kiva-org-support.10125/

In essence .....
    Be one of the first 200* to join the milepoint Kiva lending team in May and milepoint will match $25 of your loan! Any by "match"—we really mean that we will actually give you a $25 Kiva credit to loan and when that loan is paid back, that $25 is yours to keep and loan again and again.

So join Kiva, double your initial $25 investment and feel good knowing that you have made a difference in someone's life.

mcruiser

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a great way to indulge your miles and points obsession while doing good works too. Please join us on Kiva! We will like you very much for joining us.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Come one, come all....let's be sure that we take full advantage of Randy's offer of matching funds this month for the first $25 loan by new members of the MP Kiva team.

jbcarioca and miles and smiles like this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Yea, take my money—I encourage you to become part of this team ... you'll also have access to one of these personalized Avatars like mine. Charge the $25 loan to your mileage earning credit card, OK, your point earning new Hyatt credit card.

5. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a great idea! Glad to see milepoint members giving back.

6. vespa7

vespa7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Randy, I just loaned $25 , now what steps do I take to have you match that? Thanks much. kim

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think others have reported that the credit appears shortly in their Kiva account; look under your profile on the Kiva website. You should be able to pick a second loan to fund as soon as the credit is recognized by the Kiva system.

8. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for joining the team. As Tom Hanks would say ... "You've Got (Kiva) Mail"*
    * from the semi-classic 1998 Tom Hanks movie of the same title with the infamous product placement of the trademark AOL saying at the time ... "You've Got Mail." Whew.

9. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check your messages online at Kiva for a message from Randy on how to get your creditl

10. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kim

Welcome to MilePoint and thanks for joining our Kiva team. It is a fun way to put some money to use. My goal is up invest $1,200 and then as repayments come in to reinvest. $1,200 is 48 loans and assuming an average life of 24 months, I will then be able to make two new loans a month just from the paybacks.

Notice I said invest not loan. Kiva dollars are an investment for a better live for not only the borrower but all who benefit from his success. That often is an entire community and ultimately the world, us included.

So set a goal, ignore it and keep lending.

Mike

11. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tomorrow is going to be MilePoint Monday. Join Kiva now and be part of the fun.

12. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is terrific! I just made another $25 loan - this time using Randy's bonus! Let's keep it flowing!

13. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good for you. Others should take the offer up while still before it expires at 200 new members or end of May.

14. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    MILEPOINT MONDAY --- Join the Kiva Lending Team with a chance to win an IPad. Details Here.

The milepoint Kiva Lending Team has a membership drive during May to add 200 new members to the team. They are over half-way there and if they meet the goal, a random member of the team will win an iPad. 200 new members means roughly a 1-in-200 chance at an iPad (more than 200 members may join the team during May so the odds amy vary), and you'll be doing great things when you empower others by loaning money through Kiva. And, you can earn frequent flyer miles when funding your loans with a miles/points earning credit card. Join the team today, help others and maybe you could be helping yourself to a new iPad*.

* You really can make a difference this time because the offer of an iPad to a random member of the milepoint Kiva Lending Team is only valid if the team makes their membership goal.

15. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think I am member 196-just joined and made 5 loans.....should have done it sooner!

16. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome.

17. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    As of now, the MP Kiva team has acquired 181 new members so far in May. We are within 10% of this month's goal of 200. Don't miss your chance to collect $25 from Randy Petersen for your Kiva account. Join now and help us turn MilePointMonday into Marvellous MilePointMonday today.

18. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just joined today :)